Customizing A Cheap Guitar, need som advice on how to best improve my guitar
holmis-metal!
May 1 2009, 03:32 PM
GMC:er
Hey smile.gif i have been playing the guitar about a year, and recently starting to improve biggrin.gif have a cheap jackson js-30 dinky i love to play it:) but the electronics, tuners, bridge are of low quality mad.gif so i have ordered a seymour duncan invader bridge pickup, and grover rotomatic tuners cool.gif But i want a fixed bridge/original floyd rose.. and wonder what others have done, or what other improvments would work best?thanx smile.gif (the gitar is only used for black/death and other hard metal wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Muris Varajic
May 1 2009, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hello and welcome to GMC.

You can easily fix your floyd rose
by putting piece of the wood or som beneath it, to block it.
There's a thread about it somewhere in forum, can't find it atm
but I'm sure someone else will link you in a sec. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 1 2009, 04:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sorry to kind of invade on your topic Holmis, I just want to ask a related question. If you put a block of wood under your floating bridge, does it make the bridge like a fixed bridge, and fix the tuning problems of a cheap floating bridge?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 1 2009, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ May 1 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Sorry to kind of invade on your topic Holmis, I just want to ask a related question. If you put a block of wood under your floating bridge, does it make the bridge like a fixed bridge, and fix the tuning problems of a cheap floating bridge?

It blocks it so it acts like a regular fixed bridge, yeah.
Will it solve all tuning problems is another topic,
tuning heads, they way you wrap string around them etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 1 2009, 05:23 PM
As Muris says you can block it with a piece of Wood or you could install a 'Tremel-no'!
You can see them HERE also do a search on Youtube as theres a couple of vids that show:-
i) How to install it and
ii) what difference it makes!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: May 1 2009, 05:24 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
holmis-metal!
May 1 2009, 06:44 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 1 2009, 06:23 PM) *
As Muris says you can block it with a piece of Wood or you could install a 'Tremel-no'!
You can see them HERE also do a search on Youtube as theres a couple of vids that show:-
i) How to install it and
ii) what difference it makes!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanx man:) tremol-no system looks good an is well within my price range..will order one now biggrin.gif and also wonder if anyone knows if the sd invader, in bridge position works well with a sd full shred neck? seen this setup on a much more expensive jackson, which also har an alder body and rosewood fingerboard as mine.. or anyone has a better alternative?

+Quote Post
skennington
May 2 2009, 02:16 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey man, welcome to GMC. Question, are you buying an OFR as well?

+Quote Post
holmis-metal!
May 2 2009, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ May 2 2009, 03:16 AM) *
Hey man, welcome to GMC. Question, are you buying an OFR as well?

Maybe in time... but i really dont use the tremolo for now.. my next guitar gonna be a fixed bridge.. but got my jackson soo cheap i can spend money on some quality parts, and still spend less than what the same guitar sells for in norway!! biggrin.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
May 4 2009, 07:26 PM
on my older ibanez rg220,

i blocked the trem using legos!

i built a lego-trem-no system, and worked for 1 1/2 years...never cracked, never moved

you can find cheap creative ways to do this

trem-no is a lot more professional however smile.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
May 5 2009, 09:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Im not a big fan of high gain passive pickups they always sound a bit muddy to my ears jb and 59 setup will work for most styles mustaine used that set up for bout 20 years as have many others and they sound sweet!

Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 7 2009, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (holmis-metal! @ May 1 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Thanx man:) tremol-no system looks good an is well within my price range..will order one now biggrin.gif and also wonder if anyone knows if the sd invader, in bridge position works well with a sd full shred neck? seen this setup on a much more expensive jackson, which also har an alder body and rosewood fingerboard as mine.. or anyone has a better alternative?

Don't forget about the Amp and Effects! If you're Amp and Effects are not set up right for what you're doing then just changing the Pickups won't be a 'Magical Cure' for your sound!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
May 7 2009, 09:51 PM
welcome to gmc smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 8 2009, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:16 PM