Tone Control Wire
shammy
Nov 29 2007, 06:35 AM
GMC:er
I was looking to see in general what wire is the one to cut to get rid of my tone control on my godin guitar. I was reading how I can get some more power out of my axe without using onboard tone control and tweaking amp instead. I have a godin ext 22 and after taking off pickguard I have a black ground wire going to selector switch,one black wire from tone pot back to volume knob and a white wire from tone pot back to volume pot. which is the main wire to cut oiut of the 3. I 'm thinking not the ground so would it be the white wire?Thanks in advance for any help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shammy: Nov 29 2007, 06:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shammy
Nov 29 2007, 07:33 AM
well i cut the white one and no more tone control knob, so I believe I accomplished what I needed, hard to tell cause I do not want to wake up my wife and son, hehe. will crank it up tommorrow and see if any difference. My friends strat showed some improvement when he stopped using his tonal pot, seemed like he has more push from guitar now. This is all new to me, just learning. Did find some interesting stuff online about pickups and pots,mods etc... Just not what color to cut. Closes eyes and said eenie meenie minie mo :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 29 2007, 08:27 AM
Well good luck and hope it works out smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 PM