12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Collaboration - Slow Neoclassical Solo (discussion And Upload), Harmonic/Natural Minor and Phrygian Dominant lovers come and join
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Aug 24 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Hi Emir. Here is my take. I´ve put two different tracks for the solo (mono and stereo) because when I´ve exported to mono appears a little points of noise in the lows ( I don´t know why). The stereo version sounds more clear to me, may be you can converted it if you think it´s necessary. Thanks.
[attachment=17335:Slow_Bt.mp3]
[attachment=17336:Slow_no_bt.mp3]
[attachment=17337:Slow_no_bt_stereo.mp3]

Thanks Sergio. Great ideas. The mono track could clip because when you record it stereo and export as mono, two channels becomes one and that one is much louder. If you record mono from the start then you won't have any trouble but don't worry now I will use this one smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 24 2009, 10:00 AM
Experienced Rock Star
@Emir
Just go ahead and tell me where they are bad, maybe I can even try to improve vibrato on a new take smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 10:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 24 2009, 10:00 AM) *
@Emir
Just go ahead and tell me where they are bad, maybe I can even try to improve vibrato on a new take smile.gif

• On 0:47 you're playing Bb note over G major chord. That's minor 3rd but we need maj 3rd as the chord is G major. Move that note to B one fret up.
  • Now the very last four notes before the ending (over the last F# chord). You played F#, G, A and resolved on B.
    Play F#, G#, A#, B

or

F#, G, A#, B

Also you can tighten up some faster phrases smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 24 2009, 11:04 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, gonna work on that when I get back home, thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 11:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 24 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Ok, gonna work on that when I get back home, thanks smile.gif

No problem man smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 24 2009, 01:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, I corrected those problems, tried to improve the vibrato and, did a different approach, more legato, see if you like it better smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 24 2009, 02:44 PM
GMC:er
Thanks Emir and Jafo smile.gif

I did not mean that you counted my wrong notes. But it did kind of sound like you meant every bar had problems and that maybe I did not refer to the scales at all. And I just tried to get by improvising.

I did mine as Jafo said he did his. A bar at a time and then put two together and then four and so on. There has to be many bars that are within scale. (I may have chose the wrong notes from the scale as this was confusing to me). The main reason I sound so discouraged is not because my solo was off so much but because my ear told me it was pretty good, especially part one. It is hard to be a good musician if you don’t have an ear for it. I guess I am scared of the truth.

Do I want you to correct my tabs? Sure, that would be an honor. However, if you do say every bar was off then I would say no, since my take would become your take. More so, I would not want to take up too much of your time. And correcting the tab would be time consuming. But fell free to do so. biggrin.gif I will redo my take within 24 hours after you correct the tabs.

Thanks again!!!!!

I guess this is embarrassing, more so than anything else. Thinking I was doing great when I was not. dry.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 24 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Do I want you to correct my tabs? Sure, that would be an honor. However, if you do say every bar was off then I would say no, since my take would become your take. More so, I would not want to take up too much of your time. And correcting the tab would be time consuming. But fell free to do so. biggrin.gif I will redo my take within 24 hours after you correct the tabs.

Ok I'll try to do it today. I didn't say every bar was wrong. Some are ok and some not. When I send you the corrected GP file you will probably notice that. Agan I said I will not change the structure, just shift wrong notes a fret up or down to match the scale.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 24 2009, 03:43 PM
Here's mine Emir.
Unfortunately I have no more time to spend!
I know there's some timing issues!!
And I still managed to confuse myself in the Diminished part!!!
I had fun and I did learn something though, so not all was lost!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Also, it's my first go at playing this style as well!!!
[attachment=17343:Emir_SNC_wbt.mp3]
[attachment=17344:Emir_SNC_nobt.mp3]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 24 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Here's mine Emir.
Unfortunately I have no more time to spend!
I know there's some timing issues!!
And I still managed to confuse myself in the Diminished part!!!
I had fun and I did learn something though, so not all was lost!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Also, it's my first go at playing this style as well!!!
[attachment=17343:Emir_SNC_wbt.mp3]
[attachment=17344:Emir_SNC_nobt.mp3]

Ok man thanks for the take smile.gif

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 24 2009, 01:35 PM) *
Ok, I corrected those problems, tried to improve the vibrato and, did a different approach, more legato, see if you like it better smile.gif

Yes, that's it smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 24 2009, 04:41 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm recording my take today, so you'll get it later tonight smile.gif
Unfortunately I haven't been able to start untill now, so I'll just have to do my best and try to impress you smile.gif

Even though I know very little about neoclassical playing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Aug 24 2009, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
I too will have something recorded a posted if not tonight certainly tomorrow.

Prob won't be any time to improve it tho

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
twist
Aug 24 2009, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 24 2009, 10:40 AM) *
There are a couple of wrong notes in there but overall is acceptable take. Do you have GP file of this so I can fix it for you? If not then leave it and I will point to those in my comments. You need stronger gain for this sound. You're nearly losing sustain because your drive is very light.

Hi,

i attached the gp file i made. Its not exactly what i am playing (notes are the same, but i played a different timing in the end).

I turne the gain to 5 of 10 for the take, maybe i will try something different.

Attached File  collab_twist_2.gp5 ( 4.77K ) Number of downloads: 135

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 24 2009, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 24 2009, 09:12 AM) *
Ok I'll try to do it today. I didn't say every bar was wrong. Some are ok and some not. When I send you the corrected GP file you will probably notice that. Agan I said I will not change the structure, just shift wrong notes a fret up or down to match the scale.

Thanks Emir,

I am sure I speak for many that your help is gone way beyond what is expected of a collaboration leader and even an instructor. Many thanks for that and your expertise as well. smile.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 24 2009, 06:08 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 24 2009, 04:41 PM) *
I'm recording my take today, so you'll get it later tonight smile.gif
Unfortunately I haven't been able to start untill now, so I'll just have to do my best and try to impress you smile.gif

Even though I know very little about neoclassical playing biggrin.gif

That's ok. This style is all about 3 scales, not that hard

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Aug 24 2009, 04:59 PM) *
I too will have something recorded a posted if not tonight certainly tomorrow.

Prob won't be any time to improve it tho

Ok Crazyfret, waiting for it smile.gif

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 24 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Hi,

i attached the gp file i made. Its not exactly what i am playing (notes are the same, but i played a different timing in the end).

I turne the gain to 5 of 10 for the take, maybe i will try something different.

Attached File  collab_twist_2.gp5 ( 4.77K ) Number of downloads: 135

Ok I'll try to do it today. Cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 24 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Thanks Emir,

I am sure I speak for many that your help is gone way beyond what is expected of a collaboration leader and even an instructor. Many thanks for that and your expertise as well. smile.gif

Cheers man, I think the point of these collaborations is to play, have fun, help each other and learn smile.gif I will have a look at your GP file today.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Aug 24 2009, 06:18 PM
Here's my draft take. I'm not uploading version without BT because I'm going to rerecord it anyway. I just wanted to have some feedback before doing it smile.gif (please bear in mind that it's the first complete solo I've ever written rolleyes.gif ). I'm certainly going to redo the Gdim part near the end.

Also, what's the precise deadline?

Gosh, is my timing really THAT bad?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  collab_draft.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 186

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Aug 24 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Here's my draft take. I'm not uploading version without BT because I'm going to rerecord it anyway. I just wanted to have some feedback before doing it smile.gif (please bear in mind that it's the first complete solo I've ever written rolleyes.gif ). I'm certainly going to redo the Gdim part near the end.

Also, what's the precise deadline?

Gosh, is my timing really THAT bad?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

This all sounds ok and pretty well controlled. G dim part before the end was ok. The problem is when I go for the G major chord earlier, you're playing G minor 3rd notes (Bb). We need major 3rd ( B note ) as the chord is G major. Also just before the end part when you resolve back to Bm. You played A and B notes (resolution on B ). We need A# and B because on that A# you're still in the F# chord and A# will your major 3rd note which will work over F# chord. I hope you can understand. Almost the same thing I told to "Rated Htr".

Nice playing

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Aug 24 2009, 06:28 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 24 2009, 06:43 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 24 2009, 07:11 PM) *
That's ok. This style is all about 3 scales, not that hard

Well... Erm... Since I do not know these three scales it's not that easy either laugh.gif

Well, I just finsihed recording my take, so hopefully you find some good stuff in there somewhere smile.gif
It's not as clean as I'd like it to be, due to time limitations.
I didn't get to practice it more than a few times before I recorded it,
but I actually think I did fairly well anyway smile.gif

Here it goes..

With Backing:
Attached File  neo_wbt.mp3 ( 2.67MB ) Number of downloads: 447

Without Backing: Attached File  neo_nobt.mp3 ( 2.67MB ) Number of downloads: 193

Without Backing and Delay: Attached File  neo_nobt__Without_Delay_.mp3 ( 2.67MB ) Number of downloads: 353

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2009, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 24 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Well... Erm... Since I do not know these three scales it's not that easy either laugh.gif

Well, I just finsihed recording my take, so hopefully you find some good stuff in there somewhere smile.gif
It's not as clean as I'd like it to be, due to time limitations.
I didn't get to practice it more than a few times before I recorded it,
but I actually think I did fairly well anyway smile.gif

Cheers man. There are some minor things but nothing serious. Do you want to keep this clean sound or shall I stick some drive to it? smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 24 2009, 07:47 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 24 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Cheers man. There are some minor things but nothing serious. Do you want to keep this clean sound or shall I stick some drive to it? smile.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif
Do whatever you think sounds best smile.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:19 AM