8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Announcement : Behavior Towards Instructors, All members should read this
Praetorian
Jan 6 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Wow...I am sorry to see this needs to be posted! What makes this site so spectacular is that everyone is so nice and supportive. I have been a member of other forums in the past years ranging from computers, to cars. Every forum I have ever been a member of, was all people arguing back and forth about tiny matters that end up getting blown out of proportion. This site is a safe haven from all the bickering that caused me to drop off other forums. I love that about this place!

Please try to keep in mind that not all human interaction can come across properly in typed messages. Body language, voice inflection etc. cannot be interpreted merely from reading words. Some posts may be interpreted as insulting when that may not have been the intent. Let's work to keep the mood here supportive and friendly...and let the other forums bicker amongst themselves!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Jan 6 2009, 10:39 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 6 2009, 10:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 6 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Communication culture concept that is accepted at GMC is something that represents one of the cornerstones of this community, and it should not be underestimated. On the surface it may appear to someone that everyone is un-really nice to everyone, maybe someone will say too polite, but this kind of a communication is really based on a common sense in humans. Text communication is a lot different (limited) than live communication, but text communication offers a degree of immunity and anonymity. When you talk to someone in real world you will hardly say to someone "you are no good", "you're playing sucks" and other very uncool things that can be found on YT comments for example.
Think about if any of us would participate in communication in real life where participants bash each other and say bad things. I think many would leave that communication not having good experiences at all. So motivation to come to GMC and to have a polite conversation with one another, and knowing that you will be welcomed here in a positive atmosphere is something that has a lot of value that is bound to last. Even if you do not directly agree with someone on something in general positive communication climate you will quickly forget about it and continue to keep the conversation constructive and balanced.

Spot on Ivan! and I'm not just saying that. This right here is a careful explanation of the forces at work when it comes to internet/forum communication (especially when it comes to GMC)

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 6 2009, 11:00 AM) *
But what people are meaning is that on this site they'd feel the need to add "I think you should try to use less distortion in that piece it may bring out a little more clarity in that solo, but either way your playing is of godlike proportions"

That bit in bold just isn't needed.

I agree with you partially, I know you probably exaggerated this, but as Ivan stated, people feel the need to be polite, and end their criticism with a more positive note, to avoid sounding mean and rude.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Clare
Jan 6 2009, 11:12 PM
Learning Roadie
sorry to say but i must have missed what happened here? i hope it has been resolved, i too am very pleased with my GMC community, i,m having such a great time learning so many excellent licks, from awesome instructors like emir, muris, trond, and so many others,too many to lists, again this is so unfortunate, i hope no instructor has been offended to the point of leaving, i,m learning so much from everyone, PLEASE LETS GET BACK TO LEARNING THE GUITAR! thank you very very much!!!!!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 6 2009, 11:18 PM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Jan 6 2009, 09:50 PM) *
I agree with you partially, I know you probably exaggerated this, but as Ivan stated, people feel the need to be polite, and end their criticism with a more positive note, to avoid sounding mean and rude.

No exaggeration at all laugh.gif Joking of course. tongue.gif

QUOTE (THE BUZZARD @ Jan 6 2009, 10:12 PM) *
sorry to say but i must have missed what happened here? i hope it has been resolved, i too am very pleased with my GMC community, i,m having such a great time learning so many excellent licks, from awesome instructors like emir, muris, trond, and so many others,too many to lists, again this is so unfortunate, i hope no instructor has been offended to the point of leaving, i,m learning so much from everyone, PLEASE LETS GET BACK TO LEARNING THE GUITAR! thank you very very much!!!!!

Just a thread that has reappeared from many moons ago lol for no apparent reason biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
dogman
Jan 7 2009, 12:47 AM
If I can throw my 2 cents in here,

I think it's going pretty damn good for a site with thousands of egos (I mean cough,cough) guitar players laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dogman: Jan 7 2009, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:24 AM