Anti-m "pieces" Finally Released! (i'm Guesting)
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2019, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
I LOVE guesting guitar on just about anything. Especially stuff that is outside my usual wheelhouse. I started working with a guy from L.A. who has a band called ANTI-M. They have been around for decades doing synth pop stuff. He wanted to do a CD of covers that are not really covers but new versions of classic 80s/90s/2000s tunes. I wanted to give em a bit more edge so that was my end of it. This is a Delain song that I used a 7 string on and played the solo. My german friend and vocalist ALEXA sang part of it as well. God bless the internet. I also did some mastering work on the CD. It's on spotify/etc. smile.gif Whaddya think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2019, 02:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 25 2019, 11:13 AM
It does have that early 80's sound-vibe, not only arrangement but sonic-ally too (like listening a soundtrack ripped from vhs tape) which I think is a good achievement considering the bands aim.

I'd prefer light autotune for the vocal which was the only thing that annoyed me while listening. Your solo tone fitted the song but melodically could be a bit "cheesier" smile.gif meaning more simplified but I know you can't hold yourself to play like that biggrin.gif Congrats! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2019, 01:43 AM
Thanks for listening and feedback smile.gif I'll strive a bit more cheese and less shred on the next solo but no promises wink.gif . If I was producing it, I'd have done a bit of auto tune as well. Such is life as guest guitarist.
Which brings to mind, you are one of our most active members on GMC but I can't remember hearing you play much? Not with bands, not guesting, not solos, etc. I'm sure I"ve heard at least one recording with you on it at gmc, but in 10 years, one recording doesn't seem like much? You do play guitar and record yes?

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 25 2019, 06:13 AM) *
It does have that early 80's sound-vibe, not only arrangement but sonic-ally too (like listening a soundtrack ripped from vhs tape) which I think is a good achievement considering the bands aim.

I'd prefer light autotune for the vocal which was the only thing that annoyed me while listening. Your solo tone fitted the song but melodically could be a bit "cheesier" smile.gif meaning more simplified but I know you can't hold yourself to play like that biggrin.gif Congrats! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 26 2019, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 26 2019, 10:25 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 26 2019, 12:43 AM) *
Which brings to mind, you are one of our most active members on GMC but I can't remember hearing you play much? Not with bands, not guesting, not solos, etc. I'm sure I"ve heard at least one recording with you on it at gmc, but in 10 years, one recording doesn't seem like much? You do play guitar and record yes?

Todd

I'm the casual guy who comes home, opens a backing track on youtube (these days I'm digging this channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAZJmEC2-C9roOB4vgzROA ) and thats it biggrin.gif though every year these are the worst days of summer heat here so performance drops significantly.

I joined 2 maybe 3 collab.s, some short equipment tone share stuff and yeah thats it not much recording going on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2019, 12:51 PM
I"m certainly glad you are such an active member of the GMC community to be sure in terms of posting. You don't really share your audio/video playing pretty much ever? This is up to your of course, but a big part of the benefit of gmc is that folks can offer advice and help you become a better player? I"'m guessing after a decade or so you have some chops that you'd like to share? Just curious really smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 26 2019, 05:25 AM) *
I'm the casual guy who comes home, opens a backing track on youtube (these days I'm digging this channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAZJmEC2-C9roOB4vgzROA ) and thats it biggrin.gif though every year these are the worst days of summer heat here so performance drops significantly.

I joined 2 maybe 3 collab.s, some short equipment tone share stuff and yeah thats it not much recording going on.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 26 2019, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 26 2019, 11:51 AM) *

Actually I was invited at the time by Bogdan as he saw my input through other audio/guitar forums. I'm only a member of the forum community (only here for the chat), never had privileges/access of paying GMC'ers. Thats why its a rare occasion I share recording or even comment on lesson topics, never had much intention either.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 26 2019, 03:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2019, 05:05 AM
Ahh smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 26 2019, 10:03 AM) *
Actually I was invited at the time by Bogdan as he saw my input through other audio/guitar forums. I'm only a member of the forum community (only here for the chat), never had privileges/access of paying GMC'ers. Thats why its a rare occasion I share recording or even comment on lesson topics, never had much intention either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:20 PM