Wrist Bands And Guitarists
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2011, 08:03 AM
Instructor
Are they cool or what? biggrin.gif

Now I've been wearing these things for some time and i was thinking of how many people ask me if I'm a tennis player biggrin.gif - yes it happened more than a few times. The idea is that they both look cool and the protect my skin from injuries which might arise from aggressive playing at rehearsals or on stage and you can wipe your tired forehead when sweat comes in charging biggrin.gif

I've see Ben also wearing them so I guess I'm not the only one around here biggrin.gif how about you guys? Do you find them useful?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
El Marto
Jun 19 2011, 08:17 AM
GMC:er
I find them very useful! But I keep losing them (I think my brother likes them too...) so I don't use them anymore.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2011, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Marto @ Jun 19 2011, 07:17 AM) *
I find them very useful! But I keep losing them (I think my brother likes them too...) so I don't use them anymore.

I have a special drawer only for wristbands tongue.gif i never lost one if I come to think of it.

+Quote Post
El Marto
Jun 19 2011, 08:41 AM
But do you have a brother who sneaks up in to your room and steals them? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 19 2011, 08:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 19 2011, 08:03 AM) *
I've see Ben also wearing them so I guess I'm not the only one around here biggrin.gif

Yep. We're the fashion gurus ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2011, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Marto @ Jun 19 2011, 07:41 AM) *
But do you have a brother who sneaks up in to your room and steals them? tongue.gif

Well, nope, Ițm the only one having access to my place tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 19 2011, 02:53 PM
Learning Roadie
I considered starting to wear one just for style...I mean the rubber ones, not the soft ones. My favorite band all of sudden discontinued theirs with their name on it....JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO BUY ONE! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2011, 08:41 PM
Instructor
I only wear 5 thin leather bracelets, nothing more, but there was lots of times when I was in need of wrist band on stage, the sweat can really kick in smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 19 2011, 10:57 PM
Instructor
For a while I had a wristwatch on the left hand .. and suddenly it started to bother me, so now I don't put anything..

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 19 2011, 11:04 PM
i have a special wrist bands it's black and it says megadeth, its special because it was the one that Mustaine used on Carnage Tour, in Lisbon-
had to fight a bit for it trough

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 19 2011, 11:28 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
w60i10
Jun 19 2011, 11:07 PM
I could be wrong but I think Hetfield created the wrist band look back as far as the Ride the Lightning era. They were badass then and badass today! I wear them for every show and agree they're great for sweat. Not sure about wearing all the time though. . . or to the bar or mall. It might be a good conversation starter with girls though! lil crazy tho

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 19 2011, 11:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Isn't there some sort of gauntlet to wear that goes half way up the forearm? I've been looking for something like that. The edge of the guitar sometimes digs into my arm, and I'm a bitch, so I need it so I can stop being one.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 19 2011, 11:50 PM
Instructor
Damn, I missed topic a bit LOL, ...towel is always with me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 20 2011, 08:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Always wanted to give this a go + I played tennis a lot when I was younger so it will be a perfect bond smile.gif hahah
If people ask me if I'm a tennis player I'll answer - why of course I am! + I look cooler on stage smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2011, 08:33 AM
GMC Founder
Hehe this topic got me confused almost to the point where I started googling for "Wrist music" - I just couldn't think of any bands or guitarists in this style!! biggrin.gif

Back to the topic - I actually haven't used and wrist band syet - but it strikes me that I probably should try them, especially if they can help me warm up morp effectively.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2011, 08:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 20 2011, 08:33 AM) *
Back to the topic - I actually haven't used and wrist band syet - but it strikes me that I probably should try them, especially if they can help me warm up morp effectively.

I think you should start wearing studded leather wrist bands, Kris ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2011, 09:05 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 20 2011, 09:50 AM) *
I think you should start wearing studded leather wrist bands, Kris ! biggrin.gif

Nah I only use that for my underwear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2011, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Leather would not let me perform sad.gif but those gauntlets that resemble bigger wristbands - the ones Mudbone was talking about, seem like an awesome idea biggrin.gif see James Hetfield and Sevendust's Clint Lowery. They wear this stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2011, 09:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 20 2011, 09:05 AM) *
Nah I only use that for my underwear

Hmm, for once I don't think I have an answer. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2011, 10:15 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 20 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Hmm, for once I don't think I have an answer. mellow.gif

Then you could post an image response ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:37 PM