Hourglass By Lamb Of God
erik
Dec 29 2008, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
Hey, I just added a video of me covering Hourglass by Lamb of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqBN1jB2gY&fmt=18

What do you think of the sound quality? What would I need to do to improve it? I think it sounds better than my other videos, but of course it's far from perfect

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 29 2008, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The sound quality was very good and you played it with no problem

Good job

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 29 2008, 10:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
It's been a while since your last cover of a Lamb of God song but I still enjoy them!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Dec 29 2008, 10:40 AM
really nice cover! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 29 2008, 03:51 PM
Dang. You've got their tone nailed!

My favorite LOG song by far. The riff at 1:10 or so is just CRUSHING.

Very nice.

The drums sound a bit weak. I'd find a way to beef them up.

Maybe add a touch of reverb to the overall mix... Just a touch.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 29 2008, 04:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Erik I think you did a great job covering this tune smile.gif LOG isn't really my thing but you sure had my little $15 speakers trashing. laugh.gif The split video was a cool touch also. cool.gif

As Jer said above maybe try to tighten the drums and guitar up some in the mix down. Maybe a little bit of compressor on the master channel. Trond would be a good one to ask or comment on this because his drums and guitar riffs sound very tight and punchy and I'm assuming that is what your after.

Over all it sound great!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 29 2008, 06:37 PM
Nice job dude, get the drum kit from hell, it will add a lot more dynamics for the sound of your drums...

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Dec 30 2008, 01:26 PM
awesome job, bro... the vomit riff isnt easy to get down and you nailed it

your tone is spot on, are you using a pod and if you are can you post the tone?

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 31 2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks guys =) I'll try compression and reverb the next time.

Outlaw: I'm using a SM57 mic through a NI Audio Kontrol 1. To get that tone I didn't use that much gain. I also had a lot of mids on the left guitar and then a more "standard" tone on the right guitar (lower mids and more bass and treble)

the drums and bass was from guitar pro btw tongue.gif without any filters or editing.. lol

This post has been edited by erik: Dec 31 2008, 12:33 AM

+Quote Post
besip
Dec 31 2008, 05:45 AM
verry nice sound on your guitar cool.gif
i'm have ltd viper 50 and the sound is crappy{and you have i'm belive ltd EXploer 50 right??}..i'm not sure but i'm belive you put on your Ex Emg pickups right??
i'm maybe thinking to buy Sh-4 and Sh2 for my Viper they are cheaper and versatible...until i'm buy new axe
i'm was afraid if new pickups don't be worth money on cheap guitar but on you case i'm see not biggrin.gif

good job!!!!

This post has been edited by besip: Jan 1 2009, 03:56 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2008, 01:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well your sound on the speakers I'm currently using is very good! Especially regarding youtube compression..Great cover and playing mate!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
erik
Jan 2 2009, 12:45 AM
Yes, it's an EX-50 with EMG 81/85. I had them installed about a year after I got the guitar. It made the guitar sooo much better, I really advice you to do the same.

Bogdan: Actually there is no youtube compression on the audio. When you add "&fmt=18" to the end of the link, it sends you to a version of the movie without compressed sound! That's currently the only way to have stereo sound at youtube. If you remove &fmt=18 from the link, you can hear the compressed version with mono sound

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jan 2 2009, 01:19 AM
Oh cool, I didn't know that.

Really awesome job man! Too bad you weren't using a POD, I was looking forward to getting that tone haha.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:43 PM