The House Of Vai
Phil66
Jan 11 2018, 09:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Lovely house, superb "practise room", I need this smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0hIKJQzVk

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 12 2018, 02:03 PM
GMC:er
Unfortunately that's the House he sold in 2015 mate!!!

October 1st 2015.

Accomplished rock guitarist Steve Vai has sold his home with its legendary Mothership Studio in the Hollywood Hills for $1.5 million, public records show.

The recording equipment inside the 1,400-square-foot studio, which has been used by such musicians as Ozzy Osbourne, Eddie Van Halen, The Yardbirds and Slash, was not included in the sale.

Set in the Franklin Village-Beachwood Canyon area, the studio features a live room, a booth, a microphone room, a control room, a kitchen and a lounge.

The 3,981-square-foot home has living and family rooms, a den, three bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms.

Vai, 55, is known for his technique and genre-defying style. Also a singer and songwriter, he got his start touring with Frank Zappa.

His “No Substitutions – Live in Osaka” won a best pop instrumental album Grammy in 2001. He won rock instrumental performance Grammys for “Peaches in Regalia” in 2008 and “Sofa” in 1993.

Hot Property |Steve Vai
The live room at Steve Vai's Mothership Studio has been used by such rock legends as Ozzy Osbourne. (Westside Estate Agency)
Vai bought the property for $330,000 in 1987. The house and studio had been previously listed for sale but most recently had been leased out.

smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 12 2018, 03:04 PM
Still nice though, that's probably why it was so immaculate, was probably up for sale at the time so he allowed the cameras in.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2018, 03:09 PM
Instructor
That was a beautiful place! I wonder if the new place is as cool as this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 12 2018, 03:19 PM
I notice he bought it in 1987, that's the year Coverdale paid him $1,000,000 to finish the Whitesnake album and go on the tour when Vandenberg left.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 AM