Devin Townsend - Synchestra, Anyone seen the live DVD?
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 12:16 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Its been a long time since something inspired me SO much. Although IMO his new album (Devin Townsend Project - Ki) is weak, his old work still amazes me. Both his rythmwork and lead work as well are top notch. You can see the sheer feeling he gives into vocals as well. Thats what I call an eargasm smile.gif

Here is a few YT videos of that DVD - I strongly recommend it to anyone, interested in melodic metal, prog metal or just high quality music generally

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 13 2009, 12:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Oh what a fantastic album! One of my favourites, together with Terria. Thanks for the videos - I've seen some before but shall be watching them again for sure

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 13 2009, 02:41 PM
GMC:er
Didn`t know about that band! Thanks for sharing! btw - isn`t that guy(singer) from Strapping Young Lad too? He looks like mad possessed wizard if put a robe on him laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 13 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 13 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Didn`t know about that band! Thanks for sharing! btw - isn`t that guy(singer) from Strapping Young Lad too? He looks like mad possessed wizard if put a robe on him laugh.gif

Yep it's Devin Townsend, the genius behind Hevy Devy Records

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 13 2009, 04:14 PM) *
Yep it's Devin Townsend, the genius behind Hevy Devy Records

He is workoholic tho - he had like 4 bands at once at one time, and he also does sound engineering and producing for a couple of other bands (lamb of god for example). It ended, when he had a nerve breakdown - thus the hiatus of Strapping young lad. Then he went off the music business completely, tearing the ties with music industry/labes.

He spent three years by dropping his addictions (including smoking - not cigarettes smile.gif - and drinking alcohol), finding himself and devoting time to his family. And now he is back with album Ki (life energy), which is a part of four album concept, which should portrait him as a human - the things he found about himself during those 3 years.

A dont like his newfound style tho - on Ki, he uses just clean guitars and its mostly mellow, kinda jazzish/bluesish one might say. Ocan machine and Synchestra are on whole different level IMO smile.gif But its his life wink.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 13 2009, 03:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 13 2009, 05:23 PM) *
He is workoholic tho - he had like 4 bands at once at one time, and he also does sound engineering and producing for a couple of other bands (lamb of god for example). It ended, when he had a nerve breakdown - thus the hiatus of Strapping young lad. Then he went off the music business completely, tearing the ties with music industry/labes.

He spent three years by dropping his addictions (including smoking - not cigarettes smile.gif - and drinking alcohol), finding himself and devoting time to his family. And now he is back with album Ki (life energy), which is a part of four album concept, which should portrait him as a human - the things he found about himself during those 3 years.

A dont like his newfound style tho - on Ki, he uses just clean guitars and its mostly mellow, kinda jazzish/bluesish one might say. Ocan machine and Synchestra are on whole different level IMO smile.gif But its his life wink.gif

Wow, he was producer for Lamb Of God?

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 03:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 13 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Wow, he was producer for Lamb Of God?

I somewhere red, he produced their album and that it was a lifechaning experience biggrin.gif I will look up the source smile.gif

Here ist the list of what he produced, taken from his website
- 2006 Gwar : Beyond Hell
- 2005 Darkest Hour : Undoing Ruins
- 2004 Ten Ways From Sunday : Ten Ways From Sunday
- 2004 The Heavils : Heavilution
- 2004 Misery signals : Of Malice and The Magnum heart
- 2003 Lamb of God : as the palace burn
- 2002 Soilwork : Natural Born chaos
- 2002 December : The lament configuration
- 2002 Evenlight : Evenlight
- 2001 Frygirl : Someone Please Kill Me
- 2001 Zimmer's hole : Legions of flames
- 2001 The Almighty Punchdrunk : Music for them asses
- 2001 Stuck Mojo : Violate this
- 2001 Just Cause : Finger it out
- 1997 Zimmer's hole : Bound by fire
- 1997 Grrrr : Vancouver extreme music Compilation cd
- 1997 Unit 187 : Loaded
- 1996 Stuck Mojo : Pig walk

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 13 2009, 03:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:04 AM