What The?
Will129
Sep 4 2009, 10:15 PM
GMC:er
Signed up today, so I'm a GMC noob. Heard about the MTP from a friend and I have recorded a video of me playing a few things! Now the question is what the hell do I do now?!

I saw the MTP applications thread but its now locked, anyone know where I go or what to do?

Replies appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Sep 4 2009, 10:19 PM
QUOTE (Will129 @ Sep 4 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Signed up today, so I'm a GMC noob. Heard about the MTP from a friend and I have recorded a video of me playing a few things! Now the question is what the hell do I do now?!

I saw the MTP applications thread but its now locked, anyone know where I go or what to do?

Replies appreciated.

I think that one of the instructors has to take you under your wing. We all love watching videos and giving constructive criticism. You wont get bashed or flamed for your playing here. Just upload the videos to youtube and post them for the community! You wont believe the responses you get.

I am glad you found this place.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Will129
Sep 4 2009, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Sep 4 2009, 10:19 PM) *
I think that one of the instructors has to take you under your wing. We all love watching videos and giving constructive criticism. You wont get bashed or flamed for your playing here. Just upload the videos to youtube and post them for the community! You wont believe the responses you get.

I am glad you found this place.

Thanks for the reply mate, only 2 more stupid questions. 1. How do I get an instructor to take me under his/her wing. 2. Can I have a link to where I am supposed to post my vid tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 4 2009, 10:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Will129 @ Sep 4 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Thanks for the reply mate, only 2 more stupid questions. 1. How do I get an instructor to take me under his/her wing. 2. Can I have a link to where I am supposed to post my vid tongue.gif

Hmm I think you have just missed sign ups...Maybe you want to check with Chris Evans is it to late to join in. Send him a PM. MTP has just started and next phase will be in 3 months. If its too late now, prepare and get in the next phase of it.

Regarding posting videos, you should upload all your videos to youtube.com and then link them in this forum.

Cheers from Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Will129
Sep 4 2009, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 4 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Hmm I think you have just missed sign ups...Maybe you want to check with Chris Evans is it to late to join in. Send him a PM. MTP has just started and next phase will be in 3 months. If its too late now, prepare and get in the next phase of it.

Regarding posting videos, you should upload all your videos to youtube.com and then link them in this forum.

Cheers from Bogdan

thanks for letting me know mate, feel like a right idiot now I missed signups sad.gif

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Sep 4 2009, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (Will129 @ Sep 4 2009, 05:47 PM) *
thanks for letting me know mate, feel like a right idiot now I missed signups sad.gif

Will, you can still learn a ton. These instructors honestly go out there way to provide insight and so do seasoned members.

Here is what I recommend:

Upload videos to youtube.

There is a section for uploads in the collaboration section of the forums.

Generally, you can post them in the GMC, Lesson, and Tutorials and that should be a fine place for you to receive feedback.

You can also post directly on an instructors board. For example, if you are doing a lesson by Ivan and you would like his input, you can probably go and link right on his personal board.

I do not see any instructor having a problem with this AS LONG as you are using YouTube.

This post has been edited by iamblackmo: Sep 4 2009, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post
Will129
Sep 4 2009, 10:59 PM
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Sep 4 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Will, you can still learn a ton. These instructors honestly go out there way to provide insight and so do seasoned members.

Here is what I recommend:

Upload videos to youtube.

There is a section for uploads in the collaboration section of the forums.

Generally, you can post them in the GMC, Lesson, and Tutorials and that should be a fine place for you to receive feedback.

You can also post directly on an instructors board. For example, if you are doing a lesson by Ivan and you would like his input, you can probably go and link right on his personal board.

I do not see any instructor having a problem with this AS LONG as you are using YouTube.

ah great! what would I do without you? smile.gif

+Quote Post
josuegda
Sep 14 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have had the same problem. I thought in august to sign up in september, and now the topic to apply a mentor is closed. Anyway there are a lot of lessons to learn so don´t worry and try to play and learn a lot.

Kind regards.

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Sep 22 2009, 06:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
yeah, i missed it to. yesterday bogdan told me about the mentor-programm in the chat.
when will the next sign in start?
how long dou i have to wait?

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 22 2009, 12:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Sep 22 2009, 07:58 AM) *
yeah, i missed it to. yesterday bogdan told me about the mentor-programm in the chat.
when will the next sign in start?
how long dou i have to wait?

Phase 1 started in September and lasts for 3 months, that is until December. When we're closing in, I'm sure Chris Evans will open a new topic for the sign-ups. smile.gif
For further information, there is a topic right here. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 22 2009, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 22 2009, 12:44 PM
Instructor
That is great to hear you signed up because of MTP!
Since application process is closed now I suggest you check out what instructors are doing already with their MTP students. I am sure you will find some useful things. I am currently working with 17 members, feel free to check out their assignements on my board HERE.
In the meanwhile contact Chris Evans and find out when will next application process begin.
Good luck and all the best!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 22 2009, 01:20 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yep, you can really learn without the MTP as well. There is REC program where instructors really give you constructive feedback from which you can learn a tonne. I was here 4 months prior to this MTP which I was able to join. I learnt a lot (vibrato, bending, fingers are virtually dead and can hit hard on strings as well smile.gif) during these 4 months. I started 15 years ago but never found such a helpful lot of people / instructors. Besides, you can also join collabs that really push your creative skills and theory lessons. MTP is just a bonus thing. You can also follow any one of the MTP threads that you might like and start practicing (if you don't find a place in this phase and have to wait). Personally, I have found Emir Hot's MTP threads really helpful.. maybe his way of teaching, individual videos and assignments for each students. I haven't gone through all the instructors threads though.

Welcome! We would love to see your playing. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Sep 22 2009, 01:21 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:15 AM