> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Acoustic Psychedelia Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2013, 08:59 PM
Instructor
This track is surely going to take your mind back to those weird animated films made in the 70s - think 'Lord of the Rings' animation they made back in those days and you will most surely know what I am talking about smile.gif

Now, grab yer acoustic guitars and come up with nice melodies over these two chords we are having, as this is the focus of this collab - create themes and melodies which will enchant the listener!

Needless to say - you should use acoustic guitars or a clean tone tongue.gif

Let's check the specs first:

Time signature: 6/8

Tempo: 120 BPM

Chords: BbM7 D5

Suggested scale: D minor

Material format: .mp3 track containing both backing and solo and .wav track containing just the solo

Deadline: July 26th

Can't wait to hear your melodic takes!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 6 2013, 09:09 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Acoustic_Psychedelia_Collab.mp3 ( 876.25K ) Number of downloads: 332

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 9 2013, 04:41 AM
GMC:er
I'm in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2013, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Great! Hehe, it was about time man, haven't had you onboard in a while now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleech
Jul 10 2013, 02:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello Cosmin biggrin.gif

I think collaborating (ahah) that way is super-enriching for composition skills. I will try to be part of these collabs in the future!
I'll try and make something for this tonight!

Arthur

This post has been edited by Unleech: Jul 10 2013, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jul 10 2013, 04:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 10 2013, 08:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ah, the Taylor Swift collab!

I'm in!

You should all be relieved that it is not a video collab...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2013, 09:47 PM
Instructor
Ah so good to have you on board gentlemen!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2013, 07:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleech @ Jul 10 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Hello Cosmin biggrin.gif

I think collaborating (ahah) that way is super-enriching for composition skills. I will try to be part of these collabs in the future!
I'll try and make something for this tonight!

Arthur

Howdy Arthur! Welcome man smile.gif You how they say - What's the best way to learn how to swim? Throw yourself in the water! Looking for your take mate!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 11 2013, 09:13 PM
I'm in too!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2013, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Ooo - this means your computer is ready biggrin.gif Welcome, welcome, good Sir!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 12 2013, 07:32 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 13 2013, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 12 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Ooo - this means your computer is ready biggrin.gif Welcome, welcome, good Sir!

It's almost done, all hardware sorted and Win 7 loaded, just need to re-load all my other softwares that I had and it should be all good!
I've resurrected my old Dell until then so I can now record again on that!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2013, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 13 2013, 07:32 PM) *
It's almost done, all hardware sorted and Win 7 loaded, just need to re-load all my other softwares that I had and it should be all good!
I've resurrected my old Dell until then so I can now record again on that!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That's great news mate - talking about gear - I got a new audio interface from my band mates and I will start using it on Tuesday - recording the new GMC lesson and some Pantera tunes with it, so I could make up a little review as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 15 2013, 03:55 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Just back from vacation today and hadn't played guitar in over a week! Besides that, I haven't played the Acoustic in a long time so this is just what I needed. biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/acoustic-psychedelia-collab

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/acoustic-psychedelia-collab-no

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2013, 07:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 15 2013, 02:55 AM) *
Just back from vacation today and hadn't played guitar in over a week! Besides that, I haven't played the Acoustic in a long time so this is just what I needed. biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/acoustic-psychedelia-collab

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/acoustic-psychedelia-collab-no

Nice feeling man! Thanks for joining the ship! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! 3 days till the deadline - where are your takes gentlemen?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2013, 08:04 AM
Instructor
Guys, I am extending the deadline till Monday morning - I noticed a lot of you posted announcements in which you said you want to participate, so I will wait for your takes!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 28 2013, 04:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Alright, here we go! I didn't have an acoustic to record with, but I made it a nice clean tone.

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry-drafts/acoustic-psychedelia-taka

Guitar only:

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry-drafts/acoustic-psychedelia-guitar

Can't wait to hear this collab in its entirety!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2013, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Thank you mate! Nice lines there! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2013, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Well, gentlemen, the entries are officially over! Thanks to everyone and please stay tuned for the final mix!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2013, 09:52 PM
Instructor
So, my dear friends - here's the final mix!

Thanks to everyone that participated - DeGroot, Quantum and Taka!

In the order of appearance:

Me - thought I should start with an open string based melodic theme and finish using the minor pentatonic and minor blues scale for a more dynamic entrance - combining 16th notes with sextuplets.

DeGroot - great playing man! Nothing to add here - bright tone and tasty phrasing!

Quantum - Dian, have you by any chance recorded using a nylon string guitar? I can feel such a vibe and I must say I like it, the only thing that you could take care of would be the dynamics - it's a bit static.

Taka - same here man - long notes are very good and I thought your take made a good ending, but try to bring a little bit more diversity in the playing for the sake of having a more dynamic phrasing.

Thanks again guys and stay tuned for the next one biggrin.gif

I am thinking about what we could do wink.gif

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Acoustic_Psychedelia_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 233

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:39 PM