Worst Band?
Roko
Jan 19 2008, 07:25 AM
GMC:er
I know that this forum is supposed to be about all our favorite bands, but I'd like to ask what GMC people think is the worst band (or the worst bands) in history would be.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
FretDancer69
Jan 19 2008, 07:34 AM
well, just like there are tons of good bans, there are tons of bad ones. But imo, one that i hate alot would be Fall Out Boy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 19 2008, 09:08 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well for me music is totally subjective, as we all know in music one mans joy is anothers pain laugh.gif smile.gif So really there are no "worst bands" IMO. smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 19 2008, 10:22 AM
I agree with matt, music is always subjective, so you can't really name a worst band like that.

However, the band that I dislike the most is definely Manowar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 19 2008, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Well, the worst band is the band that cannot play properly, acts stupid and unprofessional, and where bandmates doesn't respect each other. I really don't know...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 19 2008, 12:42 PM
if there is such a thing as the worst band ever you haven´t heard of it...
Unless they are your neighbor or something.
So this question is kind of pointless. You could have asked something like "Worst famous band ever"... But then again they wouldn´t be famous if some people didn´t like them so it all comes down to your own taste. Serious bashing/war potential in this thread tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 19 2008, 01:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Jan 19 2008, 06:42 AM) *
Serious bashing/war potential in this thread tongue.gif

Oops, I thought the same when I saw the title - another test of GMCers ability to be civil is in the offing ....

We'll be watching wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jan 19 2008, 02:11 PM
Love you tender

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 19 2008, 02:23 PM
It all comes down to personal opinion, but the bands I dislike the most are Avenged Sevenfold and In Flames.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 19 2008, 02:26 PM
I vote for Britney Spears or isn't that a band O_o
I just dislike all bands who don't write their own music dry.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 19 2008, 02:28 PM
Learning Roadie
For people over 14 and people who arent girls, its probably Tokio Hotel tongue.gif
No, it's just, that I really dont like them, I just can't stand that music.
Gen, I am sorry to tell you this, but Tokio Hotel isn't cool! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by chast: Jan 19 2008, 02:31 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
edguy
Jan 19 2008, 02:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 19 2008, 12:24 PM) *
Well, the worst band is the band that cannot play properly, acts stupid and unprofessional, and where bandmates doesn't respect each other. I really don't know...

hahah milan this sounds like you meant the Bloodhound Gang:)

For me on of the worst band are Böhse Onkelz from Germany.

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 19 2008, 03:05 PM
I think this thread should be called least favorite bands as worst bands is a totally subjective matter. wink.gif

My least favorite bands would be any -core, pop-punk, emo bands, e.g.
Sum 41, Blink 182, My Chemichal Romance, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jan 19 2008, 03:13 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 19 2008, 06:24 AM) *

That sounds like Avenged Sevenfold.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
fatstrat
Jan 19 2008, 03:59 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 19 2008, 09:05 AM) *
I think this thread should be called least favorite bands as worst bands is a totally subjective matter. wink.gif

I'd probably have to agree with fox....i just can't seem to feel the emotion on bands like Simple Plan. However, with the subjectivity of the topic, it's gonna be hard to agree on one band that just down right stinks.....

This post has been edited by fatstrat: Jan 19 2008, 04:00 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 19 2008, 04:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well the worst band (if such thing exists) can't be the famous (or known by people) one because they are famous (or known) for a reason..Than that band title must go to one demo band that never made it to the obvious reason wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jan 19 2008, 04:17 PM
Worst band I've ever seen is the Bloodhound Gang! The way they are acting is just pathetic ! Or would you like to be pis.. on at a concert ??They are so discusting, they do it in order to compensate their lack of musical skills...

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jan 19 2008, 08:16 PM

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 19 2008, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 19 2008, 08:05 AM) *

Nice list. I have to add Greenday and Fall Out Boy to it.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 19 2008, 05:17 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jan 19 2008, 09:13 AM) *
That sounds like Avenged Sevenfold.

Not really...Synester Gates is a good guitar player, but i dont know about the rest of the band tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 19 2008, 05:19 PM
I'd say most people in this community can agree that Sum 41, Greenday, Fallout Boy, Hawthorne Heights, etc. are pretty bad because it isn't instrument oriented and contains little to no talent, which is a well-known fact. These bands get so much attention because casual music listeners like them and don't really know any better. Any serious music listener isn't going to be listening to punk/hardcore/etc.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 19 2008, 05:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM