Reality Of Being A Guitar Player
Alex Feather
Nov 11 2012, 12:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 10 2012, 10:44 AM) *
Nah, a lot more special than that smile.gif

Haha who would you choose?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 27 2012, 02:53 AM
Instructor
For all of you wondering what the gig was ......
It's Avril Lavigne and I think I got it they called me back and we will start rehearsing in January smile.gif
I didn't get 6 pack and still need to work out but they have decided to give me shot! I am really happy and looking forward to start working with her! Also I have been promised to be in a lot of guitar magazines like Guitar player, and Guitar World with interviews! So it will be very nice! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Holy c%^*&*(p! Congrats man! Wahahahaaa biggrin.gif

Great news!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 27 2012, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Sounds great ! I imagine she could be a pretty cool and normal person to work with.

Will this be a touring gig or recording as well ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 27 2012, 03:05 PM
GMC:er
CONGRATULATIONS MAN!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 27 2012, 10:53 PM
That's awesome Alex, congrats.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Frederik
Dec 27 2012, 11:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
gratz, but seriously, how could you lazy out with such a big opportunity and not exericse?

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 27 2012, 11:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 26 2012, 05:53 PM) *
It's Avril Lavigne and I think I got it they called me back and we will start rehearsing in January smile.gif
I didn't get 6 pack and still need to work out but they have decided to give me shot! I am really happy and looking forward to start working with her! Also I have been promised to be in a lot of guitar magazines like Guitar player, and Guitar World with interviews! So it will be very nice! smile.gif

!!!
Tell her I love her and I want to have her next child!
Oh, wait - did I just say that tongue.gif - what is it with middle-aged men and Avril anyways?

Congratulations! What a gig!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 28 2012, 06:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Frederik @ Dec 27 2012, 10:17 PM) *
gratz, but seriously, how could you lazy out with such a big opportunity and not exericse?

I was exercising! Still am smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
My mom used to look just like her when she was in her 20s laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TK Major
Dec 29 2012, 02:25 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 21 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Hi guys I wanted to share a story with you that happened today I got a call from a manager of a very big band so they want to hire me but there is a catch I have until march to get 6 pack, retouch my tats and get a new haircut smile.gif
This would be probably the biggest gig in my career yet but it's a lot of work in a short period of time I will do my best to pull it off:) they don't even want me to learn songs or do an audition!
It's not news for me but being a good guitar player is not enough what you guys think about the situation and what would you do?

As Leon Russel once sang, "Welcome to Hollywood, say, brother can you spare a quarter?"

It's tough figuring out where to draw lines but if you're a little hungry, maybe bending with the wind isn't too bad an idea. After all, you'll have fresh ink, a handsome new physique (stay away from the steroids, though; attacking the lead singer in a 'roid rage might not be a good career move biggrin.gif ), and, well, hair grows back. (Until it doesn't anyhow. Get old like me [or just have the right/wrong genes] and you'll be dreaming of the days when you weren't buzzing it down to make it look a little less balding.)

That said, only you can decide how much bending is too much. But, you know, if you were a stage or film actor, you wouldn't think twice, right?

This post has been edited by TK Major: Dec 29 2012, 03:18 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2012, 06:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 26 2012, 10:53 PM) *

wou mate! this sounds awesome! congrats on this new job! We opened Avril's concert in Argentina the last year and the band sounded killer! Maybe we will meet each other if the tour reaches Argentina again! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2012, 08:45 AM
Instructor
That would be a crazy encounter on stage biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 5 2013, 03:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm missed this annoucement, I'm really jealous and also really happy for you Alex.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 5 2013, 04:38 PM
Well Deserved Alex !

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:49 PM