3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Announcement: All Member Please Read, and that means everyone
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have not read all of this topic, but only briefly looked through the latest posts, and it's funny how this is evolving. At least to me, because:

I never really noticed any heavy duty moderating, in fact I very rarely see any moderating. And you know what, moderators, that is a compliment to you guys - kinda like in football games - a good referee is one that doesn't show.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 12 2009, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Personally, I don't mind the reminders that much. Might be because I (hopefully) don't need them, though tongue.gif
But there is all from 10-60 new member joining GMC every day. One of those might have a bad mouth or a grotesque attidute. If they see one of these discussions, they might behave themselves.

Not that I have seen a "lot" of these reminders anyway, though. GMC is a great community! No, cross that. GMC is the best community I've seen ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Mar 12 2009, 07:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 12 2009, 07:16 PM
Instructor
Always good to have reminders.
It keeps GMC nice and clean. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 12 2009, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
I love this place so far, very friendly and helpful. The rules are good and fair

--------------------

ESP LTD Viper-100FM
Bridge - GFS Dream 90
Neck - DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 12 2009, 07:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Remiders are there to calm down a situation, we're NOT going to start PMing each and everyone to explain the what's and why's unless someone has gone too far. A visible reminder in a thread is there for everyone, past, present and future posters. We're putting out the fire once and for all by making a visible announcement. If we should stick to sending PM's as suggested we'd have to deal with new posters wanting to throw gasoline onto the heated discussion and we'd have to do it over and over and over again. No thanks, no way!

Signed,
Micke and I AM A MODERATOR and now we're going to deal examine this further. See why below.
And I announced this in public to put a full stop to it. No moderator is here to cause trouble but make no mistake, we'll to everything in our power to keep it away!

Here's the prior statement tony was refering to.
Moderator comments are NOT up for public disputing or funny remarks! They are there to keep things in order and anyone trying to undermine a moderator's authority while doing his or her work will have to be prepared to take it all the way to the finishline!!
Don't take moderator matters in public. PM a moderator if there are any questions!

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 12 2009, 10:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Every forum needs vigilant moderators, I think these forums are almost "self moderating" if thats possible and that is a mark of respect from all the members to each other regardless of their imposed status, if i step outside the guidelines and get a polite warning then fine by me, thats what rules and moderation is all about, but i agree that a more subtle approach in some instances would better serve the majority.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 12 2009, 10:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
The forums here really are the best on the net, no question in my mind smile.gif

Just yesterday I posted a message on a fan forum of a band I like asking for help with a sequence, and I got flamed left right and center, and I thought to myself this never would have happened at GMC smile.gif

Every action our mods take really is done with the best of intentions and they each put countless hours of hard work and dedication into their dutys!

Of course its the collective community that really makes the user experience extra special, so many warm, friendly and kind hearted people ( not to mention super skills, awsome licks and some techno terror licks wink.gif )

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 14 2009, 01:42 AM
I think people need to understand that some language that is ok in some places isn't in other places.

I got edited (by mattacuk haha) a few days ago for saying the grown up version of "pee". In Canada it isn't a bad word unless your going to church 6 nights a week and once in the daytime. Nevertheless, it might not be used quite so casually in the UK. So, like a mature adult, I accepted the friendly reminder.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the forums clean of language. And I work oil rigs, you can bet dollars that I have the filthiest mouth of any member here.

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Mar 14 2009, 01:44 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Mar 14 2009, 02:13 AM
I would say that most of the reason this conflict rose up was that the style of moderating here at GMC is so very unlike any other out there, and people are not used to being edited for using words like "piss" and "ass" etc. (I hope since I am using these in this context that this won't get edited out)

I interpreted Tony's reminder as sort of a preventative measure, In order to keep the discussion from taking on a sort of "un-family-friendly" nature. And that's fine by me. But I can also see how others would interpret this as moderators flaunting their power at whim.

But the bottom line is...

the fact that we are even having this polite, and civilized discussion just shows you that we have come SO far. And even though I wouldn't consider this a "perfectly moderated forum" it's loads better than any other out there.

and that's good enough for me.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Mar 14 2009, 03:14 AM
Instructor
It's sad that people need reminders for decency and good behavior, like those. Shouldn't this come kind of natural? Or, maybe not...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:10 AM