2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Recording Drums, with Cubase
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2009, 11:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (big harry @ Mar 1 2009, 08:15 PM) *
hey guys

THX for me its working, drag and drop is a wonderful thing tongue.gif
didnt realize, that i just need to drag it to the cubase track, thought i need to record it, but now its working wonderful

THX Emir, Ivan and Ramiro

Now i can create my own music

did this only in GP so far, and its many work there to put the drums in *ufff*
but i guess for bass or synth i will still need to do this via GP *hmpf*

THX so far, problem is solved, if there are any questions left i will come back, PROMISE *hehehe*

cya
guys
Harry

No prob mate. You don't even need to drag&drop to created track, just drop it into empty space and DAW will create a track for you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 8 2009, 05:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 2 2009, 05:08 PM) *
No prob mate. You don't even need to drag&drop to created track, just drop it into empty space and DAW will create a track for you.

Hey Guys, I was trying to import some drum tracks in from Guitar Pro into Nuendo, and then process them with Addictive Drums, and I got it to work with your tips, Thanks! There's one issue now though, when I playback the tracks, the guitar and bass etc. also imported as MIDI files they are not in sync with the drums, it's quite strange... I recorded myself playing one of the guitar tracks, and it is in sync with the drums, but the MIDI tracks even though they appear on the screen to be at the right places are not playing at the right times, they are slightly delayed =( anyone know how to fix this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 8 2009, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Did you used the same tempo in guitar pro and in DAW?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 9 2009, 05:32 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 8 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Did you used the same tempo in guitar pro and in DAW?

Yes when I dragged and dropped the MIDI file in the tempo was automatically adjusted in the DAW. I notice if I turn the processing back to MS Wavetable instead of Addictive drums it is in sync with the other MIDI files, but as soon as I turn the processing on Addictive drums the other MIDI files lag...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2009, 05:55 PM
Instructor
This could possibly mean that your CPU/RAM is not fast enough to process the AD plugin fast enough. What CPU and how much RAM do you have?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 10 2009, 03:23 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 9 2009, 12:55 PM) *
This could possibly mean that your CPU/RAM is not fast enough to process the AD plugin fast enough. What CPU and how much RAM do you have?

Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz with 3GB RAM, running Vista, I think Vista is really killing it.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2009, 03:01 AM
Instructor
Vista could be the problem, I'm not sure mate.. The PC is strong enough for XP. What sound card do you use?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 12 2009, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 10 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Vista could be the problem, I'm not sure mate.. The PC is strong enough for XP. What sound card do you use?

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX, I'll try and downgrade to XP and see if it helps.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2009, 11:20 AM
Instructor
Try with XP mate, but I now suspect that your soundcard is the problem. It is not a music production sound card, so I think it is struggling to process the ASIO streams.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 16 2009, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 12 2009, 06:20 AM) *
Try with XP mate, but I now suspect that your soundcard is the problem. It is not a music production sound card, so I think it is struggling to process the ASIO streams.

Ivan, just in case it doesn't work in XP, can you suggest some entry level or low budget cards or devices I can look into that would be able to handle the ASIO streams? Maybe something that would work with a laptop, I know a lot of people record with laptops somehow???

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 16 2009, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Sure mate I'll be glad to help. There are many models out there that fit in entry level category, and they all have very similar features. If you tell me your budget frame, I will give you some detailed recommendations.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:32 PM