Nov 23 2015, 12:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi GAbriel

this is ly take realtive to the choosen lesson

hope you like it !

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/test-aminor-2

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2015, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent, great to see you working on this one!

I feel that your solo has some cool phrases, but I notice many pitch issues, that can be related to a combination of tuning issues, with not precise bending and some wrong notes here and there. Also, some more definition regarding phrasing can make your solo more interesting to hear.

I know you can do it better. Keep working! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 23 2015, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabriel, thkx for listening

it was a fast throw out, i notice and i'll keep some phrases for the next version i'll do.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2015, 04:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 23 2015, 12:46 PM) *
hi Gabriel, thkx for listening

it was a fast throw out, i notice and i'll keep some phrases for the next version i'll do.

Laurent

Ok Laurent, looking forward your polished take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 24 2015, 04:37 PM
Learning Roadie
The time to domesticate my new Jackson. And i'll produce you a sweet one !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2015, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 25 2015, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel

This my first record with my fine tuned Jackye !!!

need some time to adapt myself with this very different neck (in comparison with the LP 59' and 60')

So this is this 2 minutes impro, with some bad notes.... but something more than before, i feel a slight difference with my way to play.

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/test-aminor-jackson

edit:

another take

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/test-aminor-6

for the courageous or the crazyest of you, the 5 minutes full king size take

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/test-aminor-6-full

oopss..... still some false notes

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Nov 25 2015, 09:31 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2015, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent, thanks for your takes! There are some cool things happening, mostly on the second solo where I've found nice phrases and melodies. However there are some old things that we've talked appearing again here:

- tone: I think that your tone is too METAL for this style and backing. I feel that is has too much distortion and high frequencies, a warmer cleaner tone would fit better.

- no silences!

- no too much rhythm variation

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 28 2015, 04:56 PM
Learning Roadie
I agree

I'll do some other take with another axe. Theses days I'm focused onto the Jackson.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Tom51
Nov 28 2015, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Here comes my take for Improvisation Course - MODULE 2 - Complementary Lessons.
These complementary assignments are always a great challenge for me. Learn a lesson in a few days and improvise is not an easy task. This time I made the mistake to waste the first evening learning an easier lesson in case I fail with the other one (Bears Pentatonic). I will not do that again. If a lesson is too difficult for me I will learn only parts of it or make it easier for me. Hope that is OK.
So, six day lesson and two days for improvising this time.

Simple Melodies in A minor by Laszlo Boross
https://youtu.be/zFkLsC6zGR8

Improvising about Simple Melodies
https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/improassignlessonaminor

+Quote Post
slickster
Nov 28 2015, 07:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 28 2015, 03:56 PM) *
I agree

I'll do some other take with another axe. Theses days I'm focused onto the Jackson.

Lauren

Sounds like you have your chops down, nice playing, but I would definitely change the tone to much distortion...enjoy listening to you play..

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 28 2015, 07:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds like you have your chops down

what do you mean, i do not know the sense of this expression ! smile.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Alex5
Nov 30 2015, 10:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab,

I've made this secon take for assignement 1.
I let you listening but I know the mistakes yet :

- Boring
- Not enough notes
- Too much silence
- Not very inspirated.

I absolutly want to play over the whole BT and having something to say during more than 2 minutes is very hard for me. Maybe it's my first mistake... Should I play a shorter time ?

Here's the take

https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/improgmaj2/s-g5g59

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2015, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tom51 @ Nov 28 2015, 12:59 PM) *
Here comes my take for Improvisation Course - MODULE 2 - Complementary Lessons.
These complementary assignments are always a great challenge for me. Learn a lesson in a few days and improvise is not an easy task. This time I made the mistake to waste the first evening learning an easier lesson in case I fail with the other one (Bears Pentatonic). I will not do that again. If a lesson is too difficult for me I will learn only parts of it or make it easier for me. Hope that is OK.
So, six day lesson and two days for improvising this time.

Simple Melodies in A minor by Laszlo Boross
https://youtu.be/zFkLsC6zGR8

Improvising about Simple Melodies
https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/improassignlessonaminor

Beautiful playing Tom! There are many magic moments on your solo! Great job! Here I'll comment some details that improved would make this one a top level take.

- Tone and mix: I think that your guitar is a bit loud in the mix. I also think that some little reverb/delay would make it fit better with the backing track.

- Bending: Sometimes your bending is not precise, other time is not natural, while other times I feel that you use it in weird places of the phrases or repeat them too much. This is not dramatic, but just dedicate some attention to it.

- Adjust weak parts: There are some moments close to the end where your playing is not clear, or your phrasing not totally smooth and consistent. Identify this parts and work on them.

That's all from me mate, keep on the great job!

QUOTE (Alex5 @ Nov 30 2015, 06:53 AM) *
Hi Gab,

I've made this secon take for assignement 1.
I let you listening but I know the mistakes yet :

- Boring
- Not enough notes
- Too much silence
- Not very inspirated.

I absolutly want to play over the whole BT and having something to say during more than 2 minutes is very hard for me. Maybe it's my first mistake... Should I play a shorter time ?

Here's the take

https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/improgmaj2/s-g5g59

Hi Alex! Great to find a new take from you! These are practice tasks and backings so it's ok to practice on long backings, record it and then analyze your playing to identify which are the best parts and what you are doing on the less interesting parts to avoid it. The more you practice, the more you'll connect your mind with your fingers.

I recommend you to check for some other backings in this tonality to see if other rhythm / chord changes give you more inspiration.

BTW I feel that your playing is good here, but you need to continue adding elements into your playing. Here is a list of things to incorporate:

- vibrato and slides
- bending
- hammer on and pull of

Start with 1 at each time, and then combine everything into your playing. You'll notice that your phrasing will become more expressive.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 1 2015, 11:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi all

this is another take, i lack of inspiration theses days..... maybe a bit tired of playing and drilling, i may take one or two days without touch a guitar.

this is the take ! barely no fx,€pi LP studio, played with fingers...

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/take-impro-lesson

may you like it.... who know

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2015, 02:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent! I like the tone that you get with that guitar and your fingers here. I also think that your playing is tasty and that there are some nice phrases there.

The weak points are tuning, and many wrong notes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2015, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Ok guys, here is an important announcement!

We are not going to continue working on more advanced stuff on this thread. We just completed modules 1 and 2 which are based on this topics:

Module 1: Major Scales

1. Major Scale (Shapes, sequences & arpeggios)
2. Pentatonic Major Scale

Module 2: Minor Scales

1. Minor Scale (Shapes, sequences & arpeggios)
2. Pentatonic Minor Scale

Before we more to another thread, I'd like to know how was your experience with this first step of the course.

Do you think that you've incorporated the concepts?
Do you need more time?
Are you ready for more advanced stuff?
Would you like to continue working on this concepts but with new approaches?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 2 2015, 04:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel

wrong notes ? yes !!! i assume biggrin.gif tuning maybe, it was late at night......

Do you think that you've incorporated the concepts? yes ithink
Do you need more time? no
Are you ready for more advanced stuff?you can tell me
Would you like to continue working on this concepts but with new approaches? i'll kill for

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Dec 2 2015, 07:06 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Tom51
Dec 2 2015, 05:53 PM
Learning Roadie
This course was really awesome so far. Big thanks to Gab. I have learned so much during a relatively short timeframe in such a pleasant way. Just great. I really like to learn and apply music theory in such a way. What I took home is that improvisation will always have to be part of my guitar playing. These complementary lessons assignment also pushed my playing really.
I started with nearly nothing and very happy with the results so far although I am not a very creative person and have to work hard to find a melodie at all. The course is also a nice ear training, helps to learn the notes on the fretboard and how to get a melody out of the mind into the guitar.

Do you think that you've incorporated the concepts?
***No, not seemlessly yet. I understood the concepts and can apply them and could play everything from the 2 modules (except some diatonic patterns) in any note you give. But I still have to think about it and have to "warm up" to get all shapes and scales in different positions right. If I stop working on it now I will have forgotten a lot in a few months time.
So its not like driving a car yet tongue.gif

Do you need more time?
***No, the 10 days deadline were great. I also like this strict timeframe as it pushes me to focus and stay interested.

Are you ready for more advanced stuff?
***Yes!

Would you like to continue working on this concepts but with new approaches?
***Yes sure.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2015, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys for the fantastic feedback! More input is welcome. I'm working on the next steps... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:38 AM