Strange But Exciting Meeting, Its a small world!
Chris Evans
Feb 12 2008, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
So the band I currently play in is having a revamp of members, a drummer and bass player, no ones been dumped or anything like that but we live too far apart and it makes organising rehearsals etc a real pain!

so mutually we`ve parted company sad.gif sad... but thats life, we`ve known each other (all of us) and played in bands together for the last 15 years!

Anyway, we have a drummer to audition next week thats more local to us, so I was pondering around the internet for an alternative rehearsal studio to play in (as the one we where using was also miles away!)

I came accross a studio not too far from where I live here in the UK so I rang it up and booked their rehearsal room, no problems, extremely polite guy answered and sorted it out for me.

then I was looking through the studio`s website to discover that its owned and run by guitarist Bernie Torme!, now.. . for those of you unfamiliar with this name he played for a while for the Gillan Band (Ian Gillan from Deep Purple) and actually replaced Randy Rhoads on the tour that Randy was tragically killed on, I have an album by this guy, he also played with Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) in the group Desperado, an alternative almost Punk style you can check him out here http://www.bernietorme.com/

I have a friend that actually knows him personally and I already knew this but just didnt put two and two together!

So you can imagine that I`m pretty excited about my rehearsal next week, sod the practice I`m getting to meet Bernie Torme lol!!!

I realise this guy isnt front page for most of you but for me its quite a big deal laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Uncreator
Feb 12 2008, 04:56 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Awesome Chris!!

Always awesome when you get to meet on your heroes! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:59 PM