Band Names
BM
Aug 23 2008, 06:37 AM
GMC:er
Hey does anyone have any advice how to come up with a good band name? I am still searching for one. Preferably one word and not two lol

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Baptized in a firefight. Hot blood running cold as ice. 44 minutes of target practice. All hell's breaking loose.
Outgunned. Watching the force come to a firefight with a pocket knife.
Getting schooled until they shot Achilles' heel and brought down the beast."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 23 2008, 10:10 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well you need to sit down with your band mates and do some brainstorming...There are some online programs that that do random band names but I wouldn't use that wink.gif Just sit down with some people and see if you can come up with something satisfying smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2008, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Yeah, find something catchy, and don't worry. If you become famous it doesn't really matter what your name is, as long it is easy to remember wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 23 2008, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 23 2008, 11:27 AM) *
Yeah, find something catchy, and don't worry. If you become famous it doesn't really matter what your name is, as long it is easy to remember wink.gif

that's true. There are a lot of great bands with bad names... specially here in Spain !!! laugh.gif

Anyway i think is a good idea to get one-word-name but not an usual one, or maybe one usual with altered spelling... for example: DHARK.

It's easy to remember, easy to read and if you need to find information in the Internet it's also easy (it will not happens the same with DARK, if you look for it you will find too many pages in the searchers)

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Aug 23 2008, 11:26 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
As Ivan said, It`s a good thing to find a catchy name which is easy to remeber and to spell (when people are searching for your band). For instance, some friends of mine are playing in a girl band called Mellifluous Lunacy. Original name, but pretty long and hard to remeber excactly:P
And agree with Bogdan, those band names - generators stink.
My advice would be something catchy, filosophic or just cool/fun. A method I often use, is to find something cool in other languages to give a bit of exotic feel:)
PS: Latin is sometimes great for metal band names:D

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Oxac
Aug 23 2008, 11:44 AM
Elbow is a good band name.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 23 2008, 12:54 PM
Coming up with band names suck. You basically just have to brainstorm, and play around with words a bit. If that doesn't work, you can always just take a song title and name your band after that, aslong as it's not like "Master of Puppets" or some other really well known song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RandomVictim
Aug 23 2008, 01:29 PM
It also depends on the genre. What kind of band are you guys?

--------------------

Gear

Guitars
Eric Johnson Sig Strat
Gibson SG Special
Esp Ltd EC-1000 deluxe
Larivee Acoustic
Takamine 12 String

Amps
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Line 6 Spider III HD75 head
Line 6 Spider III Cab with C30 speakers
Vox AD30
Marshall MG10

Pedals
Line 6 Pod X3
Slash Sig Wah
Dan Electro Cool Cat Chorus
Dan Electro FAB Echo
BB PREAMP!
Boss MT-2
FBV Express

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 23 2008, 02:05 PM
I thought up my old band's name by thinking of other songs "Living Monstrosity" by Death became Monstrosity...then I found out it was taken (darn it Corpsegrinder!). Then I just came up with cool words but the coolest way I ever came up with a name was doing vocabulary in anatomy class. Enucleation- surgical removal of the eye (or something like that)

tongue.gif

Just take a dictionary or something and look for cool words.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 23 2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/randband.html

this should help

or this one..

http://www.1728.com/bandname.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 23 2008, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Everyone has given great advice here. A band name is always hard to come up with!
When you have a couple of names hit search engines as well to make sure you are going to come out on top or close to,
instead of page 502;). A unique name should help this aspect.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:31 PM