#42 Beyond Van Halen Tapping, Let's go beyond the typical Eruption Style tapping!
Todd Simpson
Aug 25 2018, 07:07 PM
GMC:er
We have done a couple of Eddie VanHalen style tapping licks and hopefully your fingers are getting the hang of it! It's time to go beyond the typical Eruption Solo style tapping and get in to something a bit more interesting. You have learned how to strike/pull to create two notes from one finger, now we are going to add in an open string to get another note in to our sequence and we are going to use 3 fingers on the left hand, not the typical 2 finger approach. This lick sounds like you are playing far more notes than you actually are and it's a very fun bit of tapping!! So here we go in to four finger, five note, per string tapping!!

All we are doing is moving our right hand up one fret each time we shift positions. The left hand stays in the same place the entire time.

You can play this Quick Lick using one repetition of the pattern per position, or two repetitions or four or even 8. The faster you play it, the more repetitions you can put in and still have it sound good. If you need to play it a bit slower to maintain control, one repetition per position if fine.

*USE YOUR PINKY!!!!!!!! (Don't try to use your first three fingers on your left hand, this is about pinky power!)

*NOTE: Keep an eye on your muting so that you don't get wads of string noise!

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS : You can use your first finger on your right hand or your second or even your third, whichever feels most comfortable.

Attached Image

Attached File  42.gp5 ( 1.89K ) Number of downloads: 150

**I"m going to make a thread where I apply some plugin guitar presets to other peoples playing to see if my patches work for various styles of play. So if possible, post a clean/no fx/no distortion mp3 with you take here! Thanks!! smile.gif

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 26 2018, 02:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:24 AM