Line 6 Pod X3 Live Or Boss Gt-10, which one to choose?
MickeM
Mar 12 2008, 12:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Please state your own view on pros and cons on these two? I havn't tried either one, the Boss unit isn't even in the stores yet.

I'll be using it for studio work and I will route it through a firewire soundcard (most likely a Edirol FA66 or TC Electronics Konnekt8) into a laptop.

If I had bought a floor unit for live performace I could and would have got myself the Vox LE. It's rock n roll. But the studio work will be more leaning towards the heavier kind and I suspect either of these two will do.
I have ruled out fine machines like Korg AX3000, Digitech GNX4, Behringer V-Amp and as I said the Vox LE - all for varius reasons.

Truthfully I'm leaning towards the Boss GT-10 here but I'd like to hear everyones view on both machines. Boss GT-8 would be as reference unless someone already snatched a GT-10 from the factory wink.gif

Help me answer questions like
- Is the POD still just an old Vetta, no development since the first POD
- Did Boss add performance to the audio ship or is this cosmetics and new user interface?
- Does line 6 items still offer lots of things as "extra" instead of including it in the first place. Hence, is the X3 coming packed!
- How's the connectivity on both machines? Got all the connections or do you miss something?
- Between XT or X3, X3 is the way to go, right?
- What's the recording quality. Direct recording, through soundcard. What's the difference in result there?

Thanks! I appreciate lots of input.

Attached Image Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Mar 12 2008, 01:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
muntahunta
Mar 12 2008, 01:10 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, first of all, i cant comment on the Boss... but i can answer your questions on the XT/X3.
for recording, either the XT or X3 will be fine, XT has less effects and models and less "fancy" features such as dual processors, but thats not really necessary for studio work.
the X3 would be the better choice due to it coming FULLY PACKED with bass, electric, acoustic and vocal patches/models.
some people complained about the time it takes to switch from one aptch to the other but it was resolved with an update.

both POD's come with a USB cable (you need USB 2.0 for the X3) and a power cable... all you need is the jackleads/XLR leads.

as for recording quality, look for anyone using an XT/X3 on the forums and check if they've uploaded anything... check collabs too. i know myself and Smells use POD's aswell as alot of other people here.

hope this helps.
Chris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 12 2008, 01:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I think for me with my experiences with Boss and Line6 products I`d be swayed with the X3, I tryed out the GT-8 for a period and although I thought it was excellent, it took me quite a long time to find a guitar tone that I really liked I cant comment on the GT-10 but there isnt normally a huge difference between models and that would put me off to be honest, the ease of use for the Line6 is another swaying point, the gearbox software for the XT (I believe its coming for the X3?) is so incredibly easy to use, it takes me literally seconds to tweak a tone that is somewhere near where I want it.

Putting it simply it`d be the Line6 X3 for me everytime, I`m not planning on changing from the XT at any point soon but if I do it will be for the X3 without question or thought.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 12 2008, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thanks guys. The extra patches for bass etc sounds useful and so does the ease of use. I'm not very patient with complex things.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:21 PM