30 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Creativity Workout 1, Improve your composing skills!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 15 2015, 05:40 PM) *
Here is my take Gab, Hope you guys like it, Its a little different from what i used to write wink.gif . enjoy. https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/christopher-lee-tributemp3

Hi Ricky! This is very interesting! I'm glad to know that this workout helped to explore new horizons regarding composition. I don't know what you think, but my opinion is that this is very promising. That piano intro is epic, and when everything explodes, I can see chaos.

Do you usually play piano?

Feel free to compose something over the previous photos as well, or be ready for a new one soon.

Thanks for sharing your art with us, great job!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 16 2015, 03:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you Gabriel glad you like it, just exploring new things with my new 8 string, The piano sounds is my guitar through the synth roland gr-55 love that thing. Always wanted that piano sound by using my guitar, its just a little hard since you have to adapt your playing style to use piano like arpeggios. i will work on the other photo wish me luck, see you soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 16 2015, 10:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 26 2015, 11:03 AM) *
Ok guys! This is the new photo for this workout. This time it's a happy photo. smile.gif

[attachment=42034:human_em...piness_1.jpg]

I don't know if this is the right photo, but i made something for this happy pic. Hope you guys like it.

https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/happyphotomp3

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 16 2015, 11:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 16 2015, 02:44 PM) *
Thank you Gabriel glad you like it, just exploring new things with my new 8 string, The piano sounds is my guitar through the synth roland gr-55 love that thing. Always wanted that piano sound by using my guitar, its just a little hard since you have to adapt your playing style to use piano like arpeggios. i will work on the other photo wish me luck, see you soon.

Wow! I just watched a video review of the GR-55 and I want one!!!

Is this the type that you need the MIDI pickup for it to work or is it just plug and play?

Thanks mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 17 2015, 12:31 AM
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 16 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Wow! I just watched a video review of the GR-55 and I want one!!!

Is this the type that you need the MIDI pickup for it to work or is it just plug and play?

Thanks mate! biggrin.gif

I love this thing, but is not plug and play you hace to get the gk-3 pickup with it. They usually hace it as a bundle. You can always check eBay. You can get a good deal. Also if you get it make sure you look on YouTube or Google to learn how to properly set the picknup and gr-55. Good luck.

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 17 2015, 01:30 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 16 2015, 11:31 PM) *
I love this thing, but is not plug and play you hace to get the gk-3 pickup with it. They usually hace it as a bundle. You can always check eBay. You can get a good deal. Also if you get it make sure you look on YouTube or Google to learn how to properly set the picknup and gr-55. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice!

Definitely on my list of things to get - I'm a sucker for synth sounds cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 17 2015, 01:58 AM
check this guys out, this is how i got mine, they offer payment plans with no credit check.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLGR55?siid=113871

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2015, 02:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 16 2015, 11:44 AM) *

Wou! I'm impressed. I'll explore more about this because I didn't get how it works, I assume that it's midi but that pick up addition confused me, I'll check the last link that you've shared.

QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 16 2015, 06:56 PM) *
I don't know if this is the right photo, but i made something for this happy pic. Hope you guys like it.

https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/happyphotomp3

Beautiful music. It starts with that post-rock feeling, melancholic happiness, and then it becomes more rocker, some of the most energetic life moments come to mind... your music is deep mate. Thanks for this new stuff. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 17 2015, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
i have do something about the last picture, witch one you can see the horde giving assault !!!!

i do this track with the sens of fear and the call of duty,while the assurance of a near death !!!! cool !!!

i have try some weird notes to materialise the inner fear !! with some brightness to figure the hope !

hard to fill near 4 minutes with solo improvisation.......

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/test-metal-sad-am-3

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2015, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent, this is really cool! There are some moments that remind me to Marty Friedman and his way of using wrong notes that are bend to chord notes. I can really get the feeling of this solo, and it's very inspiring to know the technical decisions that you took to get that feeling. Even without knowing it, I can feel it, but your post includes some instructional tips.

Thanks a lot mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 17 2015, 04:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel

i try to polish this take ! but my finger aren"t doin what i want.....i do not finsh theirs educations smile.gif

why using bend ? , i want to creat an insane feeling, anger, unsecurity, so i decide to start the riff from a false note and to do a slow bend to get the right tune, i use a D# and bend it to E, cause E is used in this song chords

another version, a bit more polished i think......try to focus on the tune for the prebend note, not easy after a bend somewere else...and pay attention for the melody...

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/test-sad-metal-4

this is for fun, i don"t want to run before walking..... it's clear for me !!! the road before doin these sort of jam is really long for me !!!!!

Laurent

edit: after listening, a part managed to give me goosebumps !!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 17 2015, 07:10 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 17 2015, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 17 2015, 09:36 AM) *
Wou! I'm impressed. I'll explore more about this because I didn't get how it works, I assume that it's midi but that pick up addition confused me, I'll check the last link that you've shared.

Beautiful music. It starts with that post-rock feeling, melancholic happiness, and then it becomes more rocker, some of the most energetic life moments come to mind... your music is deep mate. Thanks for this new stuff. smile.gif

Happy that you guys like it, The pick up for the gr55 is a 13pin cable that connects to the unit, so yea its pretty midi, the pick up comes with different mounts for several guitars take a look.

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 18 2015, 02:46 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 7 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Cool guys! You're welcome.

This is the first photo for this workout:

[attachment=41863:photo.jpg]

photo by Chan Kwok Hung (from Hong Kong)

Close your eyes and get into the photo. Imagine being one of them, imagine being the one who took the photo, imagine being the director of a film and deciding the sound composition. There are different points of view that you can get, and the music that you'll imagine will be totally different.

Remember that just one chord, one note, a noise, a short progression or melody, a 20 seconds song, a complete song, everything is welcome here.

Here is a song for this one, its so powerful what you can see in a photo. Hope you guys like this one, I warn you is very sad.

https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/acoustic-guitar-piano-and-strings-very-sadmp3

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 19 2015, 12:33 PM
Learning Roadie
today , i'm insparated again about this "last sunrize idea".....

so this morning after a sad night,i play that, no warming.... about 1:05 1:15 i do "something weird...." but i don't care it's a rough

so this is , from the deep of my mind " THE LAST SUNRISE BLUES", a sample, cause the full lengh is about 12m.... (36 in fact , 3x12m parts)

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/last-sunrise-blues

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 19 2015, 03:20 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2015, 04:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jun 17 2015, 10:46 PM) *
Here is a song for this one, its so powerful what you can see in a photo. Hope you guys like this one, I warn you is very sad.

https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/acoustic-guitar-piano-and-strings-very-sadmp3

Thanks Ricky, this one is very sad as you said. I like the chord progression used and how the instruments fit together. I wonder how you worked on this one, did you started just thinking on sounds or you first decided a tonality and the use of some specific chords?

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 19 2015, 08:33 AM) *
today , i'm insparated again about this "last sunrize idea".....

so this morning after a sad night,i play that, no warming.... about 1:05 1:15 i do "something weird...." but i don't care it's a rough

so this is , from the deep of my mind " THE LAST SUNRISE BLUES", a sample, cause the full lengh is about 12m.... (36 in fact , 3x12m parts)

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/last-sunrise-blues

Laurent

Hi laurent, I didn't get what you mean... you are "insparated" ? Separated? inspires? Based on the track I assume that the first one, so I'm sorry mate...

This tune make me feel exactly what you meant with its time. That guitar is crying mate, it's awesome how much you can express with your phrasing. There are off course many technique issues that could be worked that would polish even more the connection between your soul and your fingers, but I get the feeling.

Thanks for this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 19 2015, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie
hi here

i mean inspirated

this track was a bad one, i have done a far better one...

it always like a rough cause i lake of technical knowledge.....

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/blues-sad

this one is more "controled", not easy to manage the emotional flow too my finger, want to do to much without sometime how to

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 19 2015, 04:32 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 19 2015, 04:48 PM
Hi gab, as far as making this one just one of those chord progressions that just sounds very sad. That one that i use in particular with the classical guitar,i believe fits the picture perfectly. Specially using the descending chords into the minor 6th, I believe it creates that sound for ballads and sad songs in particular. But that's just my opinion and my personal preference, since you know am Hispanic so i was influence by a lot of ballads back in the day.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 19 2015, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
This idea is loosely based on the latest picture, though I had more of a wizard fight in my mind:

EDIT: Full song now done.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 20 2015, 02:34 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 19 2015, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 19 2015, 12:00 PM) *
This idea is loosely based on the latest picture, though I had more of a wizard fight in my mind:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/new-song-2

Wow!!!, awesome dude, just awesome. Love it

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 19 2015, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 19 2015, 05:00 PM) *

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/new-song-2

rock n roll !!!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:40 AM