2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Andrew, Individual Assignment
Tolek
Feb 27 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there! smile.gif
As you told me that you spend a lot of time practising and are motivated, I decided to work with you more deeply. In this topic, I´ll give you additional homework that should make easier for you to reach your goals that you mentioned. You can upload them in your normal uploads topic and we´re going to discuss it in the normal discussion topic. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 27 2009, 05:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 27 2009, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool! Oh I thought I should mention I already know about the chord voicings with barre chords, i.e sliding the positions to make new chords major and minor, I think its called the CAGED chord theory? Like I would know an EMaj shape barre chord with a bass note on the third fret would be a Gmaj etc and how to use the other shapes for different voicings

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 27 2009, 05:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 27 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Cool! Oh I thought I should mention I already know about the chord voicings with barre chords, i.e sliding the positions to make new chords major and minor, I think its called the CAGED chord theory? Like I would know an EMaj shape barre chord with a bass note on the third fret would be a Gmaj etc and how to use the other shapes for different voicings

CAGED theory... I read the name a few times, but I don´t really know what it is. However, I can conclude that those are the notes from the C Major pentatonic: C D E G A. (or the second position of the A minor Pentatonic). I don´t really know and that´s why I´ll do some small researches. smile.gif
It´s good that you know about those shapes and how to apply them!

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 28 2009, 12:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
when will my first special assignment be? I feel like 007 tongue.gif cool.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 28 2009, 12:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 28 2009, 12:58 AM) *
when will my first special assignment be? I feel like 007 tongue.gif cool.gif

I planned to do it yesterday, but I had no time at all. I was preparing my birthday party and then we celebrated in the evening. biggrin.gif

Well, here is your assignment.

You said you want to learn how to sweep. So, I was looking for a combination of this technique and a way to learn the fretboard. At first you should check out the Sweeping Basics Lesson and understand the principe. Then move on to my Sweeping and Legato SI Lesson where I applied those two techniques and modulated one time. While practising, you should take care of what you are playing. Read the commments to each video, this should help you.
After you have understood what you are playing and posted a video which I can comment, we´ll move on to Ian Bushell´s Alternate and Sweep Picking Etude.

Keep rocking!

Tolek

PS: a little test cool.gif
What scale do we have with 6 #, 1 b, 5 b, 2 #. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 28 2009, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 28 2009, 04:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 28 2009, 07:49 AM) *
PS: a little test cool.gif
What scale do we have with 6 #, 1 b, 5 b, 2 #. smile.gif

F#, F, Db, D smile.gif .

I will have a look at the sweeping exercise now biggrin.gif, on another note I should have some new vid uploads for you soon

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 28 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 28 2009, 04:35 PM) *
F#, F, Db, D smile.gif

Excellent. You understood that principle very well. Another test: Are those scales major or minor? Please find the relative scales and indicate the leading-note. smile.gif

I will have a look at the sweeping exercise now biggrin.gif, on another note I should have some new vid uploads for you soon

Ok, I´m looking forward to them!

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 28 2009, 06:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
F#, F, Db, D Major

Eb, d, Bb, b are the minors ???

what do you mean by leading note??

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 28 2009, 06:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 28 2009, 06:24 PM) *
F#, F, Db, D Major

Eb, d, Bb, b are the minors ???

One is wrong. F# to Eb is not a 3rd minor. It´s an augmented 2nd. You always have to use the 3rd minor to find the relative scale. So, the minor relative is D# minor.

what do you mean by leading note??

The leading note is the 7th degree of a scale. Usually, it is resolved to the root (a 2nd minor up) and so, it has the role of the leader to the root.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just found out what the CAGED thing is. smile.gif You can read about it here.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 1 2009, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool, yeah thats kind of what I was talking about. I am going to upload a vid of my intro to sweeping biggrin.gif , its pretty bad..uploads in the upload folder smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew6: Mar 1 2009, 05:10 PM

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 05:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 1 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Cool, yeah thats kind of what I was talking about. I am going to upload a vid of my intro to sweeping biggrin.gif , its pretty bad

Don´t say that! smile.gif There´s no master born. wink.gif Just practise and you´ll reach your goals.
I´m looking forward to your take.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 1 2009, 06:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
My take is in the uploads folder smile.gif , I will be back in a bit have to go to a funeral sad.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 06:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 1 2009, 06:45 PM) *
My take is in the uploads folder smile.gif , I will be back in a bit have to go to a funeral sad.gif

I just posted the comment! smile.gif

A funeral? Not good. sad.gif My condolences.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 2 2009, 08:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am pretty much done the group theory assignment, anyway I could get an individual theory assignment tongue.gif If you have time that is biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 2 2009, 08:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I am pretty much done the group theory assignment, anyway I could get an individual theory assignment tongue.gif If you have time that is biggrin.gif

Well, this week is a bit busy, but I´ll try to answer your questions as quick as possible. Just let me know what you want to learn in theory. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 2 2009, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 2 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Well, this week is a bit busy, but I´ll try to answer your questions as quick as possible. Just let me know what you want to learn in theory. smile.gif

Alright thats fine, should I just move on to the next 5 frets and do those notes? Or should I memorize the patterns of the major scale and just play the C major scale while naming notes?

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 2 2009, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Speaking of CAGED system here is something you might want to check out guys smile.gif

HERE

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 2 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey its a CAGED lesson from Pedja laugh.gif coool

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 2 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:15 PM) *
Alright thats fine, should I just move on to the next 5 frets and do those notes? Or should I memorize the patterns of the major scale and just play the C major scale while naming notes?

More important than patterns is to know what notes you are playing. Don´t learn patterns without knowing the notes that are in it. A little exercice: Record a video where you play that exercice from the group assignment and say the notes. Another one: Try to find out the position of the notes without accidentals from fret 5 to 8 included. wink.gif

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 2 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Speaking of CAGED system here is something you might want to check out guys smile.gif

HERE

Thanks, Pedja. I´ll have a look at it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 PM