Overcome This Pick Noises...
ruben_mcn
Jan 6 2010, 03:39 AM
Learning Roadie

Hi guys how can i make this pick noises dissapear ?? (for instance at 19 sec u can ear it )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 6 2010, 03:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jan 6 2010, 04:47 AM
GMC:er
I heard a bunch of hard plastic pick sounds watching this same take in the REC forum just a moment ago. Are you using a dunlop big stubby? There's a couple of angles you can hold those picks to which will totally recreate this sound, I had similar experience last spring. All I can say is to check to see if you need as much gain as you are using and also to see about different alignment of the pick against the strings. Some rotation may remove that sound for you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 6 2010, 09:53 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jan 6 2010, 04:47 AM) *
I heard a bunch of hard plastic pick sounds watching this same take in the REC forum just a moment ago. Are you using a dunlop big stubby? There's a couple of angles you can hold those picks to which will totally recreate this sound, I had similar experience last spring. All I can say is to check to see if you need as much gain as you are using and also to see about different alignment of the pick against the strings. Some rotation may remove that sound for you.

Check the angle of the pick and work on your tone, as this may help with pick noise.
Some noise will always be there though, but you should be able to get rid of the worst parts smile.gif

^^^^Jafo wrote a good post for help!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 6 2010, 12:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 6 2010, 08:53 AM) *
Check the angle of the pick and work on your tone, as this may help with pick noise.
Some noise will always be there though, but you should be able to get rid of the worst parts smile.gif

^^^^Jafo wrote a good post for help!

I´m usung an Dunlop tortex 1.14 mm (but i tred w/ difret picks and the sound reamins there )
Thanks i will try it guys ..

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 6 2010, 01:11 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 6 2010, 01:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I never get this playing a real amp but on some sounds on the POD X3 Live. If you're on a didgtal interface you could maybe try EQing it away if switching picks doesn't do the trick.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 6 2010, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Yeah, try different pick/angle and cut some midds as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 6 2010, 11:51 PM
Instructor
Try another pick really, because besides from 0:19 you seem to have a very good picking...

how did you get the snow effect? tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 6 2010, 11:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 6 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Try another pick really, because besides from 0:19 you seem to have a very good picking...

how did you get the snow effect? tongue.gif

My brother has a lot of dandruff so i asked him to do some headbangs (just kidding tongue.gif) it´s Styrofoam...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 7 2010, 04:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jan 6 2010, 11:58 PM) *
My brother has a lot of dandruff so i asked him to do some headbangs (just kidding tongue.gif) it´s Styrofoam...

I see tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 9 2010, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think it could also be down to pick angling - some might enjoy the sound they get from angling the pick a certain way. I find that hitting the strings dead on straight gives, for me, an unwanted click-i-di-clack sound, so angling to pick to point slightly downwards softens it and also helps more fluid picking.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jan 10 2010, 02:44 PM
Play around with angles, but I think the problem is in your amp/effect processor...

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 17 2010, 12:02 PM
Jazz Instructor
Just pick harder and you will eliminate it, lost of players who play with distortion tend to pick lightly, so amp pick up the pick noise also. Hold pick firmly and pick harder!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 17 2010, 12:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jan 17 2010, 12:02 PM) *
Just pick harder and you will eliminate it, lost of players who play with distortion tend to pick lightly, so amp pick up the pick noise also. Hold pick firmly and pick harder!

Hmmm, now I'm getting confused here Vasili..... maybe that goes for distorsion (haven't really tested since I dont face this problem...) but I'm a real "heavy-picker" and tries to pick LIGHTER when playing jazz in order to get rid of the pick noise..... ???
I also think that the pick noise here has nothing to do with Your technique, its rather some un-pleasant frequencies in the sound... (high-mids) Just try a different sound/setting....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 20 2010, 11:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jan 17 2010, 12:02 PM) *

that's actually a very good advice. Picking hard is a must for any electric guitar player. it doesn't mean you have to do it everytime but you have to be able to do it.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jan 21 2010, 07:00 AM
The guys have already gave you advices. You should check them out!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jan 21 2010, 10:28 AM
Instructor
It sounds to me like your having the same picking noise i am trying to remedy because i have to relearn my picking technique due to injury. Slowly pick on the string and look at your pick angle when it glides across the string. I am getting this problem noise because your not plucking the string, the pick is rolling over the string like a bow which makes this sound a slight angle adjustment, and minor hand gesture correction is in order. Make sure your plucking the string and not raking the string, you want to make sure that the pick moves away from the string as soon as you sound the note, not sound the note and continue to scrape along its edge as you move away from the string.

Daniel

This post has been edited by Daniel Robinson: Jan 21 2010, 10:28 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:07 AM