2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Nile
VinceG
Apr 18 2007, 07:39 AM
GMC:er
I could relate. I use to think like that towards death metal growls. One day I found a band that I liked musically and just eventually started liking that kind of vocal style. Its not something you can sit down one day and embrace it, altough possible but it just doesnt happen to most people.

Oh yea the band was called Carcarias. I could not find any info on them, weird seems like they just dissapeared out of nowhere.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 18 2007, 11:40 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Most are eases into it, like with me, i listened to alot of Opeth even when i didnt really like growls, because i loved the music and his clean vocals, but not long after that, i was hooked beyonf belief, and now Akerfeldt is perhaps the best goddamn growler ever, and has fantastic clean vocals, from there, i just indulged myself into all types of "Growls"

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 19 2007, 05:16 PM
With this thread having shifted to the subject of growling/metal vocals: Same as everyone, for a long time I loved the music/musicianship involved in all 3 million genres and subgenres of metal but couldn't get past the vocals. Children of Bodom and Opeth eased me in, and now I love it. On that note: the following is an old post from UG, not sure of the original author but it cracked me up and I have had it saved ever since. It is his best guess at the lyrics to the song "Children of Bodom". I think it's hysterical. laugh.gif laugh.gif
SORRY FOR HUGE POST blink.gif
In the sauce of jongers
Well ah, into bad shows of the bow we yow now
The Wallflower walkmen dont like no jewish pies
OH MY MAIN SHIN
They're gonna sass up me arse
Yack my mow yow
It tries to yar my ****ing rarrrrr

The props to **** up my cops saw
wel catsup ye ming, i said yarrrr
This a mority, mow yow this a kicked up yarrrr
Just billy up your jimmy yow wow wrrrorrrrororr
yow wow, when i say yow, i say yarrrrrrr

GO!

HE Wants a big A plus
where With a bone out yow white why
where a yar a soul that psycho down

YOW yow YOW yow

Chorus:
Children of Bodom wants a young hair now
Wants a sass with a right now here yowww
Flower to the boss, bring us all down yow
Want a big ass? so yowwwwwwwwwwww

Yow we ow in a big arse do now
what art do nowww
ya thats a warrior in a, in a big ass king waorrrrr
Just feel me up like jimmy joe now wowarrrrrrr
well give me yarrr like a yarrrr, yo in a yar, yo doe yarrrrrrrrrrrr

THIS IS A DIME
FINAL VEGISv WE HAVE COVERED
DINOSAURS TO
REINCURSE THE MIGHTY SLOTH DAYAHHH
LEMME TELL ME
YOU'RE A YOUNG NARSEE
DO WE ARRRRRRRRRSSSSEEEE?

HUWAH
CHORUS plus an extra YOWWWWWWWWW 1

+Quote Post
kyeric
May 17 2007, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 13 2007, 02:41 AM) *
Awesome. I was listening to Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka and In Their Darkened Shrines all day at work. It ruled.

Even funnier because I work for a massive financial corporation....so people would call in to check on their loans and hear blast beats and mach 5 palm muted riffage in the background. I'll bet I sounded very professional. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nile is easily in my top 5 favorite bands, probably top 2.

Like you said they are super technical and brutal at the same time. Some of the best guitar playing/death metal song writing going.

I like the unique lyrical approach. I don't get into the Satan stuff at all(being a Christian, that is pretty much a given smile.gif ).

I saw them in concert at Bogart's in Cincinnati, OH a few years ago and they kicked serious butt!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, another Nile Fan!

I love em to, especially the guitar work and Lyrical Approach. fantastic muscians, and there new album comes out in a few months. Its called "Ithyphallic" i believe.

+Quote Post
kyeric
May 17 2007, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2007, 11:27 AM) *
Yeah, another Nile Fan!

I love em to, especially the guitar work and Lyrical Approach. fantastic muscians, and there new album comes out in a few months. Its called "Ithyphallic" i believe.

Yep. Their website says July 20th in Germany and the 23rd in the rest of Europe. Not sure about the USA and the rest of the world.

From Blabbermouth, this is the track listing for the new album:
01. What Can Be Safely Written
02. As He Creates So He Destroys
03. Ithyphallic
04. Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor…
05. Eat Of The Dead
06. Laying Fire Upon Apep
07. The Essential Salts
08. The Infinity Of Stone
09. The Language Of The Shadows
10. Even The Gods Must Die

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 04:51 PM
Sucks i live in the states then

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:18 PM