A Few Quick Questions About Alt Picking, answer please
JOhn
May 31 2007, 10:55 AM
GMC:er
when I'm playing three note down the neck i go down-up-down-UP is that allowed? because doing so would create a kind of Economy picking which I'm trying to get rid of. Because you would picking into the next note im really trying to get rid of that habit.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 31 2007, 11:59 AM
Alt. picking let me explain this EASILY and SIMPLE, no matter what its always down-up-down-up-down-up(if you want to get technical), it feels weird at first, adn it feels like your economy pickign but once youg et going, then it will be natural, and that economy picking you thinking it is on a 3 note per string run, but get into it farther and you will realize its not......

but see me i use alt. picking, but at times i find my self, just picking down, adn sometimes sweeping at times i should nto be, but its personal preference dude, because i also hybrid pick at times to, i just mix it all up, and use everythign except economy picking, its just whenever i feel as if i need to do this or that biggrin.gif

i think i got that right tongue.gif, but not completely for sure, but thats just what i think..so dont quote me!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Chris
May 31 2007, 05:48 PM
wats economy picking?

--------------------
Never Stop Rockin'

Axes : PRS SE Singlecut, Fender Squire Stratocaster, Epiphone SG
Amp : Marshall MG Series 30DFX
Pedals : Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95, Behringer OD100

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 31 2007, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Economy picking is when you play the next string with the same motion you finished the previous string - so if you play - 3nps - Down-Up-Down and than next string first note comes with DOWN - thats the economy picking!

Just as Ryan said - if you want to play Alternate picking - it's down-up-down-up no matter what string you play. smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jun 1 2007, 07:18 AM
thanks for the replies i get it now

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:42 AM