2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ultra Fast Picking With Thin Picks ?
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2012, 12:13 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 13 2012, 06:46 AM) *
Hehe yeah ! Isn't that thing from that old Jason and the Argonauts movie, where he scatters dragon's teeth on the ground ? I could be getting mixed up and they may not be dragon's teeth at all... tongue.gif

It's an old legend but yeah it's the same thing they did in the Argonaut film! Good pull!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 14 2012, 09:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 14 2012, 12:13 AM) *
It's an old legend but yeah it's the same thing they did in the Argonaut film! Good pull!

Hehe yeah, that films was like the ultimate CGI in its day ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 16 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I like the dragons teeth pick idea, we should make them breath fire too, would be a nice show effect :-)

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 16 2012, 10:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 16 2012, 09:00 AM) *
I like the dragons teeth pick idea, we should make them breath fire too, would be a nice show effect :-)

I hope Gene Simmons won't sue us just for the fire idea.. I'm sure he'll find a way !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 16 2012, 02:16 PM
hahaha, most likely he already owns the copyright on those picks ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2012, 08:54 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 16 2012, 04:00 AM) *

Thanks smile.gif The breathing fire is a nice touch! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have some of these made by Clayton picks. They do custom designs of just about anything.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 17 2012, 07:20 PM
I am using stone picks, I found a great online shop from Israel who does great work, no flame throwers though

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 17 2012, 07:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 17 2012, 07:20 PM) *
I am using stone picks, I found a great online shop from Israel who does great work, no flame throwers though

Buying sharp objects from Israel ? I'm surprised the customs officials let it into Germany ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2012, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 17 2012, 02:20 PM) *

Cool! Post some pix/links maybe so we can check them out?

Todd

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 18 2012, 10:54 AM
Sure, here is the link:

www.stone-guitar-picks.com/

I am using stone picks since more than 20 years now, but I always found it difficult to find good ones, until I found this place. He makes great picks for good prices, in the moment he is even doing some custom picks for me. I love the tone that stone picks give me, they absolutely don't wear out (I still have my very fist stone pick which I bought around 1990, you don't see ANY traces of my playing, and I have been using this pick exclusivly for most of those 22 years!) and most important: they feel perfect for me. Definitely check his work out if you are interested, it is worth it!

PS: After 20 years with the regular shape I just went back to the Jazz III shape, I will post some pics later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2012, 01:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 18 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Sure, here is the link:

www.stone-guitar-picks.com/

I am using stone picks since more than 20 years now, but I always found it difficult to find good ones, until I found this place. He makes great picks for good prices, in the moment he is even doing some custom picks for me. I love the tone that stone picks give me, they absolutely don't wear out (I still have my very fist stone pick which I bought around 1990, you don't see ANY traces of my playing, and I have been using this pick exclusivly for most of those 22 years!) and most important: they feel perfect for me. Definitely check his work out if you are interested, it is worth it!

PS: After 20 years with the regular shape I just went back to the Jazz III shape, I will post some pics later.

The pick hasn't worn out in all that time ?? Wow ! Does it affect your string life ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 18 2012, 07:12 PM
That depends on the pick, bad ones with sharp edges might affect your strings, good ones won't. I can't even remember when I broke my last string, I guess it was sometime during our Night at the opera tour, which was in 2002/2003, so much for harming your strings with a good stone pick ;-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2012, 01:41 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 18 2012, 02:12 PM) *
That depends on the pick, bad ones with sharp edges might affect your strings, good ones won't. I can't even remember when I broke my last string, I guess it was sometime during our Night at the opera tour, which was in 2002/2003, so much for harming your strings with a good stone pick ;-)

Along this line, I"ve been using V-Pics (Switchblade "Buffed") which the owner made just for me then very kindly agreed to share with the world on his web site. And then I tried the Vpick Switchblade BLACK which I had VInni cut to a very fine point. These are current fave. 1.5 MM thick and zero flex which I prefer quite a bit for precision work. I'm very interested in these stone picks so I'm going to have to order some! Here is the SWITCHBLADE BLACK custom sharp.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:02 PM