Do You Want To Play Faster?, For those who play really fast
coffeeman
Jan 22 2008, 07:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there,

So I was practicing , and I thought : How fast do I want to play? When I will be able to play something like Markus Lavendell or Muris or wallimann , would I want to play faster ?

So my question goes for all of u that play very fast today, Do you want to play faster? How fast do you want to play?

Bye.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Jan 22 2008, 07:55 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 22 2008, 10:55 PM
Instructor
Excellent question!!

I'm quite fine with my speed BUT I would like to expand tonal vocabulary a lot,
which means to play more complex licks note wise,at same speed or even slower,doesn't matter. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 22 2008, 11:02 PM
Instructor
the problem is not how can you play fast the first thing how can you feel what you are playing i am satisfy with my
fast playing also if you want to be a fast player you have to pass some experiances to get that .so keep going with practicing .have a nice day

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 22 2008, 11:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 22 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Excellent question!!

which means to play more complex licks note wise,at same speed or even slower,doesn't matter. smile.gif

This is also how I feel about the kind of player I want to be biggrin.gif Im not interested in shredding around uberfast. I too am interested in varying timeings, complex licks and overall artistic expression !! I love all styles, Shred, Rock, Blues, Jazz etc.

I guess being a flexiable muscian is overall far more important to me personaly. This is why guys like Marcus, Gabriel and Muris etc really appeal to me ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jan 22 2008, 11:13 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 22 2008, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I wouldnt mind playing faster but one of the main priorites right now is to get a clean sound and i hope to gain speed with time

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 23 2008, 01:42 AM
Instructor
the most important is the picking must be accurate... and I need to work hard in this field !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2008, 01:45 AM
Instructor
I don't ahve a speed problem, because I'm not too fast player and don't know how to shred. My only concern is to get the tone and feel from my playing and to be able to play from my hearth and using my ear.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 23 2008, 01:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
It would be nice to be able to play faster, so I could play some songs by my favorite artists. But if there's one thing I learned from GMC, it's that speed comes with accuracy. smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 23 2008, 01:52 AM
GMC:er
Speed is nice, but feel is the key. Alot of the shred stuff I hear is alot of show with something missing in its soul. My goal is to be able to play as fast as possible when needed but to keep the feel regardless. I think our instructors at GMC have a great balance and keep the focus on the music. Marcus for example can burn it up but his vibe is unbelieveable. I was sold when I heard that Christmas tune he did this year. Wow!

Edit: Spelling

This post has been edited by Maximus: Jan 23 2008, 01:53 AM

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 23 2008, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 22 2008, 10:55 PM) *
Excellent question!!

Yeah, that's the point - it's easy to play linear runs fast but it's hard to play some crazy patterns at the same speed smile.gif
Maybe we could share some cool patterns here?

Ok, i will share one of my parts, it's an intro to one of my songs and it's one of the biggest problems in the song - to me! So, here it goes:

E||----------4-----4-------4-5-4---5-|--4---4-5-7-5-4-------------------|
B||--5---5-7---7-5---7---7-------7---|----5-----------5-7-5-4-------4-7-|
G||----4---------------4-------------|------------------------6-4-6-----|
D||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|
A||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|
E||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|

|----------4-----4-------4-5-4---5-|--4-----4---------4------------|
|--5---5-7---7-5---7---7-------7---|----5-7---7-4-5-7---7-5-4-5----|
|----4---------------4-------------|-------------------------------|
|----------------------------------|-------------------------------|

I may post some other licks later! smile.gif

EDIT: it's would be nice to play it at 130-140BPM - clean biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 23 2008, 10:01 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 23 2008, 10:42 AM
Learning Roadie
It is a mute point.

I'm certainly not a fast player. I'd like to play a little faster but I don't want to sacrifice the feel for a solo for the sake of it. I know I won't be a shredder .. its not my style.

I'm prob more of a blues player but I'd like to expand my style for instance into jazz and if I could in some way emulate Muris then I'll be happy smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 23 2008, 12:34 PM
I have a slightly off topic question that may make no sense biggrin.gif

When you learn to shred to any ability and there is a run that you know you can play fast. When you play it over and over again does it get to the stage where you could play it as easily as say, some power chords, without even really putting in any effort, or does it always take concentration?

If anyone deciphers that question, I'll be amazed.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 23 2008, 12:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 23 2008, 12:34 PM) *

When you learn to shred to any ability and there is a run that you know you can play fast. When you play it over and over again does it get to the stage where you could play it as easily as say, some power chords, without even really putting in any effort, or does it always take concentration?

Once you get to a certain level of skills - everything that is in the range is as easy to play as a powerchord smile.gif Same goes for shredding - with time the fast runs just become normal and you no longer think about them smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 12:43 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 23 2008, 11:34 AM) *

It is like anything. When you know and remember how to do something you don't forget and it becomes easier. Like riding a bike or swimming

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Ah, that's awesome. Cannot wait until I can blaze a fast run without even thinking about it.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 23 2008, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 23 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Yeah, that's the point - it's easy to play linear runs fast but it's hard to play some crazy patterns at the same speed smile.gif
Maybe we could share some cool patterns here?

Ok, i will share one of my parts, it's an intro to one of my songs and it's one of the biggest problems in the song - to me! So, here it goes:

E||----------4-----4-------4-5-4---5-|--4---4-5-7-5-4-------------------|
B||--5---5-7---7-5---7---7-------7---|----5-----------5-7-5-4-------4-7-|
G||----4---------------4-------------|------------------------6-4-6-----|
D||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|
A||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|
E||----------------------------------|----------------------------------|

|----------4-----4-------4-5-4---5-|--4-----4---------4------------|
|--5---5-7---7-5---7---7-------7---|----5-7---7-4-5-7---7-5-4-5----|
|----4---------------4-------------|-------------------------------|

I may post some other licks later! smile.gif

EDIT: it's would be nice to play it at 130-140BPM - clean biggrin.gif

I'm paying this melody now and it sounds really cool Pavel (with less speed of course !!!). I hope it would be great in one of your songs... is a really "happy" riff, and I love them !!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 23 2008, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank you guys for all your answers rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 23 2008, 03:20 PM
Instructor
The hard part for me is to be able to bring my mind to think fast along with my fingers.
I don't consider myself as a fast player at all...
I want to be faster, my goal is to reach Muris' speed... But I'm far from it.
But once again, the hard part is to speed up your train of thoughts too so that you can think about the next thing while improvisoing at high speed...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:54 PM