Ngd Bc Rich Mocking Bird
Todd Simpson
Jun 8 2019, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
I just couldn't say no. Again!!! Love the full batch of knobs/switches smile.gif I bought it to Sell, but I'm gonna have fun with it til then.
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 8 2019, 11:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's the only BC Rich I'd own, a Mockingbird. Sweet

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 8 2019, 11:17 PM
I've owned 2 green Gunslingers. Sold both of course, and now I want another one smile.gif The stock pickups were awful though I must say on the chinese gunslingers. I'd like a Korean one. I"ve also owned an Ironbird. This is my fourth BC Rich body style. Pointy guitars are fun even if they are a bit crap in terms of build smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 8 2019, 06:08 PM) *
That's the only BC Rich I'd own, a Mockingbird. Sweet

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 9 2019, 04:34 PM
When I was in my early 20s one of my guitar playing buddies had a beautiful dark Mockingbird.
Great guitar! If any guitar can actually be 'faster' than another - this one was it. I was shocked how speedy (and accurate) I was on it. By comparison I was probably playing a late 70's Strat with a 7.5" radius maple board. I think the B.C. was a 16".
This is what it looked like ...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 9 2019, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 10 2019, 01:51 AM
Yup! The red one I have is a sort of reissue of the original Rich line with the big electronics pack of wads of switches and knobs. The only one with more knobs and switches is the double neck BICH.
Attached Image

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 9 2019, 11:34 AM) *
When I was in my early 20s one of my guitar playing buddies had a beautiful dark Mockingbird.
Great guitar! If any guitar can actually be 'faster' than another - this one was it. I was shocked how speedy (and accurate) I was on it. By comparison I was probably playing a late 70's Strat with a 7.5" radius maple board. I think the B.C. was a 16".

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 10 2019, 08:09 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 9 2019, 05:34 PM) *

Attached Image

When I was starting out this model was my dream guitar. I didn't know anything about it, I just loved the looks and all the options/switches. I recall finding one used in a guitar store in Stockholm - but it was above my budget.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 10 2019, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 9 2019, 04:34 PM) *

Attached Image

My old friend Mr C had the bass version. I used it for a while, got some great sounds out of it!!!!
Attached Image
Here's a diagram of the original switching:-
Attached Image

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2019, 07:39 AM
I wish mine had the preamp!!! Sadly no. It's a non battery powered version so the electronics are not active. I've played a Warlock with the battery powered preamp and it's MONSTROUS. Make the pickups in to real screamers. Also the impact of the switchesand knobs are more pronounced with active electronics. The bad news is that those original guitars are now INSANELY expensive. I"m putting this one on the block at $400 compared to the real thing which can run several thousand. I"ll keep an eye out though!

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 10 2019, 07:17 AM) *
My old friend Mr C had the bass version. I used it for a while, got some great sounds out of it!!!!
Attached Image
Here's a diagram of the original switching:-
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:49 AM