Two Bands Blew My Mind Yesterday...
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2013, 11:58 PM
Instructor
Hey friends! As I said in another thread, this last weekend has been amazing because of a big Festival in which I played with my band. The second day I just went to see the central acts: Jane's Addiction and Muse.

I have to say that have done amazing concerts and I can describe how happy I was of being there.

Jane's Addiction:
I have seen them 3 times. The first one was fantastic, the second one I was late so I could just see 3 songs. This time I could see the whole show, in a big place (Live a open air stadium), and I was very close to the stage. They were celebrating the 25 years of their album "Nothing's Shocking", and album that has been very important for the Alternative Music of the late 80's and 90's.
The show was pure magic, they are a very powerful rock band, with lots of different rhythms and very psychedelic atmospheres. They go from powerful rock to funk to progressive in the same song. Dave Navarro guitar tones are so inspiring and he played so perfect every guitar part and solo. I think that he is a very under rated guitarist, maybe because of his more "celebrity" side. And Perry Farrell is a very cool an warm front-man.

Muse:
Muse was on a very short list of bands that I can't wait to see live. I have to say that I expected a lot by them, based on many live dvd that I've seen and they have been all what I expected and even more. They are one of the big pop/rock stadium bands of this era and Matt Bellamy is one of the most talented musicians I have even seen live.
I was amazed of how perfect he sings and how smoothly he goes from a guitar solo, to a tricky sang part and to a piano section (or play a guitar solo and sing at the same time), without forgetting to do a show an interact with the audience. He does all this things in a fantastic way and looks very natural. The video projections added a lot to the show as well as the lights and effects.

In other words, this has been a very cool weekend, which has given me a lot of inspiration and happiness. Just wanted to share it with you. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 15 2013, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
Muse are brilliant live and they've gotten better and better as the years have passed! I first saw them in 96 (or there abouts) and have seen them a few time since and their shows get more intense each time!!

I'm off to see Janes Addiction in 3 or 4 weeks time!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 04:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 15 2013, 11:51 AM) *
Muse are brilliant live and they've gotten better and better as the years have passed! I first saw them in 96 (or there abouts) and have seen them a few time since and their shows get more intense each time!!

I'm off to see Janes Addiction in 3 or 4 weeks time!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Awesome!! Jane's are in a very good moment, you'll enjoy the concert! Next year we have the Lollapalooza in Argentina so I hope to see them again. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 16 2013, 01:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 15 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Awesome!! Jane's are in a very good moment, you'll enjoy the concert! Next year we have the Lollapalooza in Argentina so I hope to see them again. biggrin.gif

Great news that you can see them again!! I haven't seen them since the mid 90's so I'm really looking forward to it!!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 16 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Great news that you can see them again!! I haven't seen them since the mid 90's so I'm really looking forward to it!!
smile.gif

Have you seen them in the 90's?? in the early 90's?? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 18 2013, 11:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I went to see Janes Addiction yesterday at a concert here in Bogota. I'm a huge fan of Dave Navarro and I have to say that I used to listen to Ritual de lo Habitual a lot back in the 90's.

The concert was ablsolutely incredible, the whole band played perfect, and Dave Navarro is a monster, his guitar sounds incredible. It was a perfect night and I was very happy to see one of my favourite bands of my youth.

Speaking of Dave Navarro, his riffs are so powerful and I really like his pentatonic shredding, I saw a lesson from you in the style of Jane's Addiction, but it could be very nice if you can do a new one gabi.

Awesome band!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 19 2013, 05:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Matt Bellamy is a very innovative guitarist; I love the way he integrates Kaoss Pad's with traditional guitars!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2013, 09:22 AM
Instructor
Amazing biggrin.gif I'm happy for ya mate!

It always feels great when music makes for a great energy drink biggrin.gif I would so love to see Jane's Addiction, but frankly, I don't think they'll be coming here anytime soon

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 19 2013, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 16 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Have you seen them in the 90's?? in the early 90's?? smile.gif

Yeah, it was late 92 early 93!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2013, 01:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 18 2013, 07:43 PM) *
I went to see Janes Addiction yesterday at a concert here in Bogota. I'm a huge fan of Dave Navarro and I have to say that I used to listen to Ritual de lo Habitual a lot back in the 90's.

The concert was ablsolutely incredible, the whole band played perfect, and Dave Navarro is a monster, his guitar sounds incredible. It was a perfect night and I was very happy to see one of my favourite bands of my youth.

Speaking of Dave Navarro, his riffs are so powerful and I really like his pentatonic shredding, I saw a lesson from you in the style of Jane's Addiction, but it could be very nice if you can do a new one gabi.

Awesome band!

Can't agree more with you. His performance has been so perfect in the show. I always wonder why he is so underrated, maybe it's because of his tv side.

I will work on a new lesson based on him. wink.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 19 2013, 01:29 AM) *
Matt Bellamy is a very innovative guitarist; I love the way he integrates Kaoss Pad's with traditional guitars!

yes, he is! VERY innovative.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2013, 05:22 AM) *
Amazing biggrin.gif I'm happy for ya mate!

It always feels great when music makes for a great energy drink biggrin.gif I would so love to see Jane's Addiction, but frankly, I don't think they'll be coming here anytime soon

I hope that you can see them anytime.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 19 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Yeah, it was late 92 early 93!

Awesome!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:58 PM