F Chord Help
loundzilla
Sep 9 2009, 07:03 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

Im playing this little number ]https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/beginner-strumming-and-arpeggios/
and i'm really struggling to pull of the F chord, i just can't get my forefinger to rest over all the strings... any advice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 9 2009, 07:07 PM
Unlock your thumb from the top side of the neck and automatically have a longer reach?

Can't really say for sure without a picture.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Sep 9 2009, 08:17 PM
You should take a look at this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/beginner-...arre-chords.htm

Helped me ALOT when I was struggling with barre chords. The rest of it all is just practice till you get it right.
Good luck ! You'll eventually get it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Sep 9 2009, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (djohnneay @ Sep 9 2009, 08:17 PM) *
You should take a look at this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/beginner-...arre-chords.htm

Helped me ALOT when I was struggling with barre chords. The rest of it all is just practice till you get it right.
Good luck ! You'll eventually get it !

wow this helped alot! Almost got it now smile.gif I didn't have my index finger high enough, the tip of my finger was on the 6th string. Put the top well over the 6th string now and its ok smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?

Guitars

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
JimmyRare
Sep 9 2009, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie
What I did was to put my index finger across all the strings and then pick one string at a time until every string sounded clean when strumming them together.

--------------------
Practice makes Perfect!

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Sep 9 2009, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (JimmyRare @ Sep 9 2009, 04:02 PM) *
What I did was to put my index finger across all the strings and then pick one string at a time until every string sounded clean when strumming them together.

Also, I am not sure if this is just how I learned how to play bar chords, but dont flatten your index finger on the strings with the pads directly against them. You want to have your finger rolled a little bit on its side.

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Sep 9 2009, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Sep 9 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Also, I am not sure if this is just how I learned how to play bar chords, but dont flatten your index finger on the strings with the pads directly against them. You want to have your finger rolled a little bit on its side.

Yeh i found that too, seems alot better now smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Sep 9 2009, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (loundzilla @ Sep 9 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Yeh i found that too, seems alot better now smile.gif

Also, there is this great technique that helps a bit when you are doing chords where you have to hold two notes on the same fret (Like this F chord) You have the F note on the D string and you have the C note on the A string. I used to try to bar these with one finger but I picked up a habit of making sure my pinky is as close to, if not attached to my ring finger.

I usually only do this when I am playing a progression where I know I will have a bar chord of this sort but keeping those two fingers close together makes the shift to playing that chord much easier. Your fingers will fall right into place as opposed to making several hand movements to achieve on position.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:05 AM