Question On Esp Vs Ltd, maybe not exactly vs.
TreyDeschamp
May 19 2012, 01:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys.

So currently I own an ESP Alexi Laiho signature LTD guitar.

I was wondering, how exactly does one acquire an ACTUAL ESP. The next guitar (after I develop much more skill) that I am interested in is an ESP Horizon but I have no clue where to find one that isn't LTD.

blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
The Uncreator
May 19 2012, 02:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Any music retailer should be able to get one really, just ask if they dont have it. They aren't rare or anything.

I ebay'ed "ESP Horizon" and found a bunch right there.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 19 2012, 03:17 PM
I'm not really looking too hard at getting a new guitar right now. It was more a question out of curiosity. I've just never really seen an actual ESP in store.

Anyway, thanks man! wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2012, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 19 2012, 03:17 PM) *
I've just never really seen an actual ESP in store.

I guess the shops tend to stock the things which are most likely to sell, considering average people's budgets. If it's popular, they keep stocking it. smile.gif

They are damn nice guitars though.. what's your one like ?

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 19 2012, 08:01 PM
I've occasionally seen them in Guitar Center and Sam Ash. Although I'm not surprised that guitar shops don't put them on display, because they're usually the first guitar pimple-popping punks pick up off the rack and thrash. I've noticed that every time I go to Guitar Center, the most used and abused guitars in the store are the Schecters and the LTD's. Just a few minutes in the store will demonstrate why. Its amazing how little respect people have for other peoples property.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 19 2012, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
Just need a good guitar store or order them in. If checking around online, be more careful, as for good quality guitars are used and rarely sold for cheap, unless there's a reason.

The ESP Horizon is an amazing piece of work, feels good to play and fast! Specially, the later models.

However, be sure to also check out the ESP M-II, similar Super Strat, same or cheaper price, honestly its more amazing and I personally would take it over a Horizon anyday. I tried both, liked the Horizon a lot but feel in love with the M-II, couldn't put it down! Get the neck-thru, must be neck-thru! The M-II's neck is smoother, thinner and flatter, for more hardcore sweepers and speed drunken shredders. I later found out it's the same axe as the KH-2, Hammett's signature, which costs way more, just missing an extra tone pot and art inlay - sounds and plays the same.

Then carefully pick what pups you want, active pickups sound way more tighter and metal, but lose dynamics compared to the passives. Might not matter for some, but noticable for me. Seymour Duncan are good all rounders. I swapped for the EMG JH Set, which are active sounding like the originals but also keeps the passive qualities.

Both freaking pwn so you cant go wrong!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 19 2012, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2012, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 19 2012, 10:17 AM) *
I'm not really looking too hard at getting a new guitar right now. It was more a question out of curiosity. I've just never really seen an actual ESP in store.

Anyway, thanks man! wink.gif

Really? Do you live near a GUITAR CENTER store? Most retail stores will have a couple on hand of each high end line. It's worth playing both through a nice amp to get the vibe of the difference. Some people think it's subtle, but ESP owners really disagree with that from what I've seen. I've got the cheaper LTD 8 string and it's a solid axe. The ESP version would be nice though, just triple the price.

Todd

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 20 2012, 12:32 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
People think LTD means lesser quality, that is quite far from the truth.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 20 2012, 02:25 AM
LTD and ESP is like Epiphone and Gibson, they are both Low vs High.
Typically where its made and woods used is where you will see why the price is different. But overall for the price difference if you can sit down and play them both and can't tell which is which minus the logo, then by all means I'd choose a cheaper one and just buy more toys with it. laugh.gif

By any chance is it a Alexi-600? If so thats an amazing playing guitar.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 20 2012, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2012, 11:54 AM) *
They are damn nice guitars though.. what's your one like ?

It's a great axe. First off, it's a beauty. If you have never seen the binding on an Alexi Laiho signature man, you are missing out! IT's beautiful. It has decent sustain and for a guitar with only one EMG pickup, it blows my other guitars out of the water. I also love the Matte black finish on it and the inlays. It is also so very smooth to play.

QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 19 2012, 02:01 PM) *
Just a few minutes in the store will demonstrate why. Its amazing how little respect people have for other peoples property.

I said the same thing. That's why I basically took a chance and ordered my LTD online. It was around $1200 at the time so I figured a high end LTD is good. That doesn't mean LTDs are bad though.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 19 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Really? Do you live near a GUITAR CENTER store? Most retail stores will have a couple on hand of each high end line. It's worth playing both through a nice amp to get the vibe of the difference. Some people think it's subtle, but ESP owners really disagree with that from what I've seen. I've got the cheaper LTD 8 string and it's a solid axe. The ESP version would be nice though, just triple the price.

Todd

I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast so I'm about 45 minutes away from the New Orleans Guitar Center but with traffic it's a hassle to go by there. There is one in Mandeville, LA which is about an hour away. We have a bunch of great local guitar shops but they've told me they don't carry certain high end guitars like the ESP Horizon because they are such a small shop that they can't afford to have it just sit on a rack.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 19 2012, 06:32 PM) *
People think LTD means lesser quality, that is quite far from the truth.

I say that to people all of the time. Sometime it is true. But, for example, I've played the LTD eclipse and absolutely LOVED it.

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 19 2012, 08:25 PM) *
By any chance is it a Alexi-600? If so thats an amazing playing guitar.

Yes sir! It's an Alexi-600 Blacky. It's a great guitar.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 05:06 PM
Instructor
I have no experience with ESP or LTD gutiars, but I guess that the guys pretty much summed it up smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:53 PM