Tele Rewire
Joe
May 28 2010, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMC,

I have an 'aerodyne' telecaster put out by fender that I acquired a couple years ago. It's accumulated some electronics problems, and I bought new pickups. I want to completely rewire this thing, but I don't know how. Luckily, I know someone that can do it for me, but what I need to know is what I need for the rewire.

The guitar has a seymour p-90 in the neck and a hot rails for tele in the bridge position. Also the switch is in kind of gibson LP position on the upper shoulder. I have some pics here, it doesn't look like I need a lot of wire. Should I replace caps? Input jack? Switch? I'm going to get some new knobs as well, but I won't show you guys the front of the guitar til it's finished smile.gif I found this site, acmeguitarworks.com which has rewiring kits, can anyone take a look at the telecaster kit for me and see if it's good?

Anyway, on to the pictures. I hope these will give you guys what you need to know to tell me what I need to get wink.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo, Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V '67 RI
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe
May 28 2010, 10:00 PM
Do you guys think this would work?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo, Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V '67 RI

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 28 2010, 10:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Looks sufficient except for the 3 way switch that should be the LP toggle.
Sounds like fun, and not too much of a cord pit in there to struggle with smile.gif

But... there's a white cord with a shrink hose and no other cords attached. That looks fishy to me. Is that right?

EDIT: Assuming your friend has all the soldering tools?

+Quote Post
Joe
May 28 2010, 11:48 PM
He does have all the tools.

About the wire, I don't really know tongue.gif Not sure which one you're talking about..

Hopefully I could get a gibson switch thrown in there if I ask, instead of the tele.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 29 2010, 03:07 AM
Instructor
I would love to rewire that Tele for you. biggrin.gif

this kit looks OK, but I'm not sure about that 5-way switch. Shouldn't you get a 3 way one?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:10 AM