Gibson Strings
ChrisGLP
Nov 20 2015, 07:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Has somebody ever tried these strings.... especially on a Les Paul?

I have tested them the first time and I have never had such awesome strings....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2015, 09:12 AM
GMC Founder
Cool, is it something in particular you enioy with them? I have tried Gibson bright wire on my Les Paul and they also sounded great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 20 2015, 09:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I always use ernie ball and usually fear change cool.gif but I may be adventurous and give these a try smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Nov 20 2015, 09:47 AM
I have played until yet also the Gibson bright wire strings... but these strings especially built for the Les Paul are better...

The Sound and the feeling when you pick the string... I can't explain it better...

Kris, bleez, give them a try... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 21 2015, 02:49 AM
GMC:er
D'Addario makes Gibson strings. They have since probably 2009. True story.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 21 2015, 10:31 AM
Though not sure they supply strings to Elixir too. Daddario has a very nice tone fresh but its lifespan is also known to be very short. Maybe Gibson is different let us know.

I do use Fender strings though, they last long and the aged string tone is still cool too. I use stainless steel models, fender is more transparent compared to ernie ball.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 21 2015, 11:08 AM
D'Addario makes Fender strings also.
The ball ends on the fender 'bullets' are different but the strings are the same.

There are many different alloy recipes. The different brands may or may not specify how they want them made.
*Gibson 'brite wires' are stainless steel. They'll be brighter.
**Elixirs are also D'Addario and then coated.
Etc. ...

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 21 2015, 11:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Daddario has a very nice tone fresh but its lifespan is also known to be very short

daddario flat wound string are lasting for years...........

i have these on my two hybrid string set in 52 42 32, mixed with ernie ball string, i have change the ernie ball tree time .

maybe specific to the flat one !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Nov 21 2015, 01:35 PM
Thx D'Addario for These awesome strings! biggrin.gif

Mertay, I will tell you how Long These strings do their work! smile.gif

I have changed the bright wire strings all 2 weeks (2 hours practising each day)...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:02 PM