Need Cheap Massive Hard Drive Storage?
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2016, 04:40 AM
GMC:er
I picked up a DROBO hard drive array on ebay for $50. It came without drives so I just yanked the drives out of a stack of external drives and just put them in this. It adjusts automatically to new drives being added or removed and you can use any size drives you like. So they don't have to match which is nice smile.gif Also, it uses one drive as a backup drive so you don't need to have two drives for every project. IF a drive starts to go bad you get a warning light and you just swap out the drive and it rebuilds the backup. Handy smile.gif These used to be way pricey but the used ones are dirt cheap now.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 24 2016, 05:12 AM
Learning Roadie
This reminds me I have just recently subscribed to Backblaze for online unlimited backup service. It's only $5 a month. Been two weeks and it has a few thousand more files to go, but that's because I am backing up a few terabytes of storage (including an external) at a slow upload connection. About 18 down and 2 up.

I recommend it. Good for an extra backup in the cloud in case your abode is ever destroyed by natural causes or a hard drive fails. Gotta backup those precious audio files!

EDIT: I just found out they have an app. You can access all the files you have backed up! ohmy.gif That's almost like having your computer with you! Good for accessing a mix or something. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Apr 24 2016, 05:38 AM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 24 2016, 07:20 AM
Learning Roadie
in the past i was usign this sort of...... stuff

a 160 disk Clariion array....... filed with 37 & 73 Gb U160 scsi disk

a good girl friend breakdown reason ! not about the price, because picked up for free, but about noise.....

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 2 2016, 09:41 PM
GMC:er
Nice raid!! smile.gif I bet the noise was a big extreme. That type of thing is usually closed off in a basement somewhere so the noise doesn't get to people. Having one in the home is a bit on the extreme side but I'm all for it wink.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 24 2016, 02:20 AM) *
in the past i was usign this sort of...... stuff

a 160 disk Clariion array....... filed with 37 & 73 Gb U160 scsi disk

a good girl friend breakdown reason ! not about the price, because picked up for free, but about noise.....

Laurent

Using a cloud based backup is a great idea. I use DROPBOX to back up my music projects. I've got the paid plan so it's wads of storage which is very handy.

The DROBO is more for local storage to use when working on projects. It's got built in redundancy so that if you are working on something before it makes it up to the cloud, you still have your work. So my backup has a backup. smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 24 2016, 12:12 AM) *
This reminds me I have just recently subscribed to Backblaze for online unlimited backup service. It's only $5 a month. Been two weeks and it has a few thousand more files to go, but that's because I am backing up a few terabytes of storage (including an external) at a slow upload connection. About 18 down and 2 up.

I recommend it. Good for an extra backup in the cloud in case your abode is ever destroyed by natural causes or a hard drive fails. Gotta backup those precious audio files!

EDIT: I just found out they have an app. You can access all the files you have backed up! ohmy.gif That's almost like having your computer with you! Good for accessing a mix or something. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:29 AM