Settings, 80s
beebo
Jan 8 2007, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone and Kris biggrin.gif I was wondering if anyone could tell me some settings for the 80s tone on an amp or JACKHAMMER pedal for the guitar. If you could I would like to get Slash's guitar settings for Guns n' Roses. But any 80s style would be fine. (not really so much Death Metal) Thanks wink.gif hope you don't get to confused with that question.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Red Tie
Jan 8 2007, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't mind a decent answer/tip on that one myself rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 9 2007, 01:13 AM
I'm into classic rock which nowadays covers the 70's and 80's. The amp EQ that I now use is bass=3, middle=8, treble=6. For of a more heavy metal sound you may want to have the mids lower than both the bass and treble. But I think having more mids makes the guitar tone sound full and better for blues/rock, etc. Lower treble makes the guitar sound warmer and less harsh when hitting those high notes during solos.

I'm curious on what others think of this too.

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:48 AM