Have you had formal lessons for guitar?
Yes [ 21 ] ** [41.18%]
No [ 30 ] ** [58.82%]
Total Votes: 51
Guests cannot vote 
stickyfingers
Jul 8 2008, 11:10 AM
GMC:er
i contact my guitar teacher only when i need concrete help with a project to work out some good ideas together and get some quick inspiration. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 8 2008, 12:29 PM
I've been more formal instruction over the last month or so.

It's helpful for me in a couple different ways. Sometimes the way I get hung up on things and it's easier/faster to show someone in person and then walk through it with them and try to figure out where the problem is than to explain it here or over email.

I'm more open to trying something different when I'm not calling the shots. The guy that's teaching me now is more of a blues and jazz player. Most of what we're doing lately is using the blues to increase my knowledge of theory and the fretboard.

Also I find the pressure and focus useful. When left to myself, I have a hard time focusing...I jump from lesson to lesson too much here sometimes. It's easier for me to stick with something when I know that by Tuesday, he's going to expect me to play this chord progression on 6th string roots and 5th string roots, a new arpeggio and another chord progression that we're working to improv solos over.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jul 8 2008, 10:57 PM
price for one half hour with my old instructor...... $35

price for 1 month of GMC with over 40 intructors........ $7

I used to take lessons, then I discovered GMC.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 10 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
When I started to play guitar I had lessons for about 5 years, classical guitar.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 10 2008, 11:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't had any guitar lesson before I found GMC.
Here on GMC we basicly choose our own tempo, our own musical style, famous instructors, get to be a part of this GREAT community, all for $7 a month...
That's the same a guitar teacher charge each minute of a particular style.

I'd choose GMC over any real-time lessons... Unless it was with one of the awesome instructors here at GMC =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 10 2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah I had guitar lessons from a great man called Tim Loades, he owns a music shop In my area and has met many famous guitarists. I got lessons from him for about a year, and he taught me alot but I eventually stopped them as I went on to learning on my own, and then few years later I found GMC smile.gif

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 10 2008, 11:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm getting them this year to have along side GMC so I can get more instruction with someone in person but then I can still have GMC to talk to friends and learn the style of guitar I want!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:37 PM