Hello, From England, Just another introductory post
s1m0n
Nov 25 2011, 11:02 AM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Simon. I live on the Wirral in England (Carcass country).

I've been playing guitar since I was 14 (Nirvana's "Nevermind" is what got me seriously into music, like a lot of people my age, then Metallica's "Black Album" etc). As I'm now racing to towards being 34, I "should" be as good as Steve Vai. But sadly, I'm not. I've had periods in my life without a guitar and no real practice regime.

I currently have an Ibanez "Xiphos" 300FX (I did try the more expensive ones, but this one felt the best), a Line6 X3 Live, and a Ibanez BTB 5 string bass. I have owned more guitars than I can recall, and always struggled to find that "one" guitar. But hopefully that'll change soon, as I'm after a Ibanez RG350 or a bargain RG550.

I mostly listen to metal, but I think I have a pretty open attitude to music. I find there is always good music to be found in any genre.

My influences as a guitarist I guess would be; Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, Jeff Loomis, Jack Owen, Rob Barrett, Dino Cazares & James Hetfield.

I play music for a hobby, as I am a web designer by career. I joined this site as I want to improve my playing as I have hit a wall with it. Hopefully this site and it's teachers (and members) will help me achieve what I want to achieve.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:46 PM