Your First Guitar Teacher...
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2012, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I would like to know how you started studying guitar.

I took classes with my first guitar teacher when I was 12 years old. It was at a music school and he used the Berkley method. I remember that the only thing that I wanted to do at that moment was playing alternative rock and learning songs. So I used to get bored, I didn't found it attractive at that moment. After a year I stopped because of this. My second guitar teacher was a rocker/bluessy guy that taught me the pentatonic scale and how to use it. I was so happy with that! smile.gif

Is GMC your first contact with guitar learning and guitar instructors? Have you ever studied with a guitar teacher? How was the experience?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 07:22 PM
Instructor
My first experience with the guitar was at 13 years smile.gif I had a friend in the neighborhood who was very respected by everyone. He was that sort of dude that knows how to pick up chicks, skate like crazy, be cool, kick the butts of all the nasty guys, dress up extremely awesome for those times and of course...play the guitar.

We met in the parka few times and all my friends were revering him for being able to play Metallica, Nirvana and GNR songs. First hit! I knew he would be my first teacher, so I was following him around all day long and asked him to write tabs on NAPKINS for me smile.gif that's how I learned my first chords biggrin.gif

Later on we became best friends and started a band together, in which we played from 2001 to 2009. Had a big argue and haven't spoken for about 1 year. Back in 2010 we started talking again and figured out we were a bunch of idiots. Currently we are going to the gym together and we came back to being good friends!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 17 2012, 07:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 06:22 PM) *
My first experience with the guitar was at 13 years smile.gif I had a friend in the neighborhood who was very respected by everyone. He was that sort of dude that knows how to pick up chicks, skate like crazy, be cool, kick the butts of all the nasty guys, dress up extremely awesome for those times and of course...play the guitar.

We met in the parka few times and all my friends were revering him for being able to play Metallica, Nirvana and GNR songs. First hit! I knew he would be my first teacher, so I was following him around all day long and asked him to write tabs on NAPKINS for me smile.gif that's how I learned my first chords biggrin.gif

Later on we became best friends and started a band together, in which we played from 2001 to 2009. Had a big argue and haven't spoken for about 1 year. Back in 2010 we started talking again and figured out we were a bunch of idiots. Currently we are going to the gym together and we came back to being good friends!

Cosmin

That's sweet that you guys are friends again smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 17 2012, 05:11 PM) *
Nice story man! It's really inspiring. I love that quote that your teacher says. Can't agree more! smile.gif

Yah that guy is my best friend and mentor ! He know so much about guitar it just blows me away . He can tell what key a song is in just by listening he doesn't even need his guitar with him , and for most of the time if a band is using a big name company like Gibson , Fender, PRS he can tell what kind of guitar is being played and through what amp.

And you should see his collection of guitar's smile.gif
Fender Stratocaster
2 Fender Telecaster's
Fender blacktop jaguar
Vox strat copy
Line 6 variax
A handmade acoustic
A gretsch ( not sure what model )
A fender P-Bass
12-string acoustic

He is an inspiration to me !

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 AM