25 Jazz Licks Lesson
Jim S.
Jun 25 2016, 04:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
For some reason I cant seem to download any backing tracks for this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/25-Jazz-Fusion-Licks/

Maybe it's my old computers but I have tried with 2 different ones and still it gives a debug error. Can anyone download it and post it here so I can grab it? Is there any other way to do it?

I have the first lick nailed and Im excited to go through as many as possible recording each one and turn in a giant Rec Take!

Rock on GMC

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 25 2016, 05:49 PM
GMC Founder
Downloading the backing from this lesson works for me: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/25-Jazz-Fusion-Licks/

What debug error message are you getting? Could you paste it here?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 25 2016, 06:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Kris! I think I figured it out but I still get this error.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 25 2016, 07:12 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Jim This is a great lesson, I 'm stephane lucarelli's fan biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 25 2016, 07:28 PM
GMC Founder
Ok thanks - I get it now (it's a firefox related problem). The quick fix is to use chome browser instead.

As you probably noticed you still get the backing, but the error message prompt is hiding the download prompt.

I will report this to our developer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 26 2016, 04:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 25 2016, 02:12 PM) *
Jim This is a great lesson, I 'm stephane lucarelli's fan biggrin.gif

This is the type of lucks that I've never had patience for... Lazy shit I know it... I think I'm ready and confident. After listening to a slowed version it felt very nice to hit all the right notes and adding expression only when they do it. I must have played the first lick 60 times before getting a good grip on it!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 26 2016, 08:05 AM
Veteran Tone Master
I learnt the 15 first licks last year, I'm subsribed to GMC after seeing this lesson
The 1st is magnificent - As you I listened to a long time before understanding it.

I gave up because too difficult for my level but I shall begin again later.
If you share your progression on this thread, I will follow it

I saw your video, you have nice touch and great level, better than me mad.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 26 2016, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 26 2016, 04:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 26 2016, 03:05 AM) *
I learnt the 15 first licks last year, I'm subsribed to GMC after seeing this lesson
The 1st is magnificent - As you I listened to a long time before understanding it.

I gave up because too difficult for my level but I shall begin again later.
If you share your progression on this thread, I will follow it

I saw your video, you have nice touch and great level, better than me mad.gif tongue.gif

Thanks Mr.M!

Speaking of touch. This lesson made me realize that my picking and string touch is too aggressive and tense to play these licks. It has to feel smooth as butter and you can add your own personal touch adding some dynamics to the string attacks.

It's hard to play slow soft quiet and clean but it's easy to fly through it missing the most important part of the lesson.

I will keep my progress with this lesson here as I'm sure I'll have s bunch of questions!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 26 2016, 07:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's lick 1...

https://instagram.com/p/BHIFW68gO84/

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 27 2016, 06:21 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Very Nice, good job

This is mine smile.gif Tuning E Flat - BT -1

The 2d licks is very interesting too, I work on, but hard to play with finger right hand

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 27 2016, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 27 2016, 01:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 27 2016, 01:21 AM) *
Very Nice, good job

This is mine smile.gif Tuning E Flat - BT -1

The 2d licks is very interesting too, I work on, but hard to play with finger right hand

Nice!

Those 16th note triplets are a fast bunch of trickery. Greg has them through so much of his work. Just being able to play his kicks at a slower speed is quite the accomplishment!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 27 2016, 04:31 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Jim S

This lesson asks to be patience.
I'll post they licks weeks and month coming.
I hope that you will do the same there, that will serve as motivation

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 28 2016, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 29 2016, 06:06 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Jim

Update : 4 licks 70% speed
Did you learn other licks ?

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 30 2016, 01:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 27 2016, 11:31 AM) *
Hi Jim S

This lesson asks to be patience.
I'll post they licks weeks and month coming.
I hope that you will do the same there, that will serve as motivation

Hey there's never a rush!

I have it memorized but the swanky vibrato is my enemy at the moment. Anyone have suggestions for that shaky vibrato?

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 29 2016, 01:06 PM) *
Hi Jim

Update : 4 licks 70% speed
Did you learn other licks ?

Good job man keep up the work! I'm taking them one at a time and I'm finishing a season of a Orange is the new Black. Last night with tv and then I'm back full swing into it!

I think lessons in general need to be practiced everyday or you'll easily forget the motive...

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 30 2016, 05:45 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Jim

I agree this is not a rush. I don't want the competition.
To share a lesson with a mate is a good thing for me.

I think, I learn 7/8 licks, when I 'll be able to playing 100 % I'll learn other licks.
If you post a video next licks, we 'll can speak about your vibrato.

Good lesson : "ben's vibrato Odissey 1 - 2 - 3 - 4"

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 30 2016, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 30 2016, 12:45 AM) *
Hi Jim

I agree this is not a rush. I don't want the competition.
To share a lesson with a mate is a good thing for me.

I think, I learn 7/8 licks, when I 'll be able to playing 100 % I'll learn other licks.
If you post a video next licks, we 'll can speak about your vibrato.

Good lesson : "ben's vibrato Odissey 1 - 2 - 3 - 4"

Hey man I was just thinking how nice it is to practice with someone else. Even though your in another part of the world...

I'll check out his lesson and post a video later!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 30 2016, 06:38 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Jim

Ok wink.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 30 2016, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 1 2016, 03:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
Man my fingers are burning! Here's me at the end of tonight's practice!Greg Howe Lick

This post has been edited by Jim S.: Jul 1 2016, 03:52 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 1 2016, 11:17 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Good Job Jim,

Happy to see your progress,
I think that you work too fast - The sequence with right hand is not easy.
I work on speed 75 % maximum.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 1 2016, 12:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 1 2016, 06:17 AM) *
Good Job Jim,

Happy to see your progress,
I think that you work too fast - The sequence with right hand is not easy.
I work on speed 75 % maximum.

Oh I worked on that lick at 50% for a real long time and the made it it 90% and nailed it a few times. It was late and I wanted to show a video of my progress. Problem was I couldn't get a backing track slowed down without Stephane's lead. I'll have a better one next time. I'm on to the next one but I'll still practice these until the end!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:46 PM