A Funny Video
El Fortinero
Oct 25 2011, 05:01 AM
GMC:er
Today I was watching this old funny video (specially the last seconds). I wanted to share it because it also shows a style of music that is very used in this side of the world but maybe it is new to you. This style is called "cumbia" and even though this is not the perfect example, it will get you an idea of how it sounds.
Unfourtunately, you won´t understand the lyric which is really funny too. The verse says something like " I get drunk to not fall in love, I fall in love to not get drunk"

Can you imagine mr. Leopardi dancing this style in a disco or in a party?? biggrin.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by El Fortinero: Oct 25 2011, 05:15 AM

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2011, 05:47 AM
Instructor
hahahah I won't say anything before knowing what the other guys think... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 25 2011, 04:24 PM
Instructor
How is this rated in your country? Sounds very interesting to me, cool rhythm smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2011, 05:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 25 2011, 12:24 PM) *
How is this rated in your country? Sounds very interesting to me, cool rhythm smile.gif

This one has been a very big hit. They are a popular band and combine different folk and latin rhythms with rock.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Oct 25 2011, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
It was well rated at the beginning, there were serious groups with professional musicians. Then it turned to fashion and lost control.

This style was born in Colombia I think and it really takes the attention of many tourists because it is not a style you could hear everywhere. Besides, the rhythm is so happy and easy to dance.

here are a few more example of Cumbia songs:

pay attention to the guitar player, he is really good:

This post has been edited by El Fortinero: Oct 25 2011, 05:26 PM

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 25 2011, 05:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like the fish guy - that could be a new guitarist look - bucket head had KFC, someone else could have a fish head

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 25 2011, 06:42 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
hahahahaa cool!! :)its a party with kaos at the end , killer!!

Rich....

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 25 2011, 10:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 25 2011, 06:22 PM) *
This one has been a very big hit. They are a popular band and combine different folk and latin rhythms with rock.

Great catchy melody,like it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2011, 06:46 AM
Instructor
Good videos Fortinero! It's interesting to share this side of our musical culture.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:39 PM