4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Has The World Come To An End?, This is horrible music
The Uncreator
May 9 2009, 12:08 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
THaT WAs TEh LulZ laugh.gif

But hey, whatever you like you like, Im not gonna judge, Its just not my preference.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Koopid
May 10 2009, 09:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ May 8 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Death metal vocalists dont "suck", just because you dont like it, doesent mean its bad. it takes alot of skill and practice to do what death metal vocalists do,and for that, they deserve respect. im so sick of threads on this forum saying "so and so sucks!", its a waste of time and not very respectful.

Well, the whole point of this entire thread has been to bash on a group that does vocals very similar to deathmetal vocalists, I didnt see you say anything about any of the other "disrespectful" comments on this thread but I guess maybe it's not disrespectful when it is music *you* don't like?

Besides, what i meant was that the vocals suck, not the vocalists. I don't really care how much practice and skill it takes to do it, it still sounds like rubbish to me. Yngwie Malmsteen is a very talented guitarists, I still think his music is bleh. And that is not disrespectful, its just my taste.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 10 2009, 10:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 8 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Is this what I have to do to get ahead these days?

Not if you want respect - as evidenced within this thread (and in other forums where I've seen this band mentioned) tongue.gif
I guess that death metal vocals are an acquired taste. For a good while, I didn't get it either and thought I'd never like death or blackened vocals and I thought most extreme metal was beyond me until I heard death/doom bands and started liking the use of death grunts, especially when I heard Opeth. Similarly for blackened vocals - didn't get it until I heard bands such as Emperor and Enslaved, or Deathspell Omega.
Point is - I started liking bands that I once thought "sucked" - it's all too subjective. If I say a band is bad or good, that doesn't mean the band are either - it simply means I have an opinion. Opinions are nice - everyone has them and they're not always the same. It would be a boring world if everyone just agreed with one another.

Regardless, I think I'm right in saying that this band are "screamo".. not death metal.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 10 2009, 11:14 PM
GMC:er
its not even screamo. Screamo vocals are a whole nother level. Kind of like Metalcore vocals are not really death metal vocals.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
AdamB
May 11 2009, 11:42 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 8 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Yeah, because shredding = absolute talent of music that is end all of all musical abilities. happy.gif

Sorry, was trying to be humerous, I wasn't been serious. I just have a weird sense of humour smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 11 2009, 06:45 PM
oh haha fair enough smile.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Flamo
May 11 2009, 10:22 PM
Oh damn!

Tecnho, Rap and Death metal in a mix..
Not a good result...

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 11 2009, 11:57 PM
How about some Black Country or some Thrash Noseflute????
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
GuitarMonkey
May 12 2009, 12:11 AM
Whoa! What in the world!?!
We have so many very talented guitar/bass players on here, and they fight to have their art heard. A band like this actullay has a recording contract? Are you kidding??? This is wrong in so many ways, I do not know where to begin. I know music is an art form, and that it lies with each of us in a different way, but c'mon. Thoughts?

--------------------
[font="Tahoma"][/font][size="4"][/size][color="#008000"][/color]GuitarMonkey

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 12 2009, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (Flamo @ May 11 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Oh damn!

Tecnho, Rap and Death metal in a mix..
Not a good result...

its not Death metal. not even close.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 12 2009, 10:30 AM
QUOTE (GuitarMonkey @ May 12 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Whoa! What in the world!?!
We have so many very talented guitar/bass players on here, and they fight to have their art heard. A band like this actullay has a recording contract? Are you kidding??? This is wrong in so many ways, I do not know where to begin. I know music is an art form, and that it lies with each of us in a different way, but c'mon. Thoughts?

Who will the Record Company, Producer, Writer and Managers make more money from??
A Pre-packaged Plastic Pop band is far more lucrative than a decent Musician who would want more control over his/her Artistic Output. It is no longer 'The Music Business' it has become 'The Business of Music' where the Almighty Greenback is King!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: May 12 2009, 10:31 AM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:43 PM