Question On Alternate Picking
Mav
Jul 2 2008, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
Hi all,

Ive been on the GMC site for the last year and been making steady progress.

Ive recently noticed a potential issue with my alternate picking that i wanted to just get some advice on.

Its best explained by discussing what ive been doing recently (albeit without noticing) on 3 notes per string scales.

So I start on the 6th string (E string) and pick "down - up - down" and then move to the 5th string (the A sting) often with a "down - up - down" again. This seems to be happening naturally because im moving "down" from the 6th string to the 5th string and so the movement of going down just carries on across the string.

Question is whether this is wrong or not. I think it may be affecting my speed potential at the higher speeds but im not sure as it may just be a skill level issue rather than a fundamental flaw ?

Do I need to spend the time to get it so that when moving down to the 5th string in this instance that I pick "up" first.

Hopefully this makes sense. Appreciate anyones advice on this and am prepared to work this problem out if thats the best advice.

Thanks

Mav

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:52 AM