Monitors For Pc?
sted
May 6 2009, 09:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,

looks like my little Blackstar head needs to go in for some maintenance due to some strange random noises (Have to say, I e-mailed Blackstar and got no reply and the shop idiot just said to me to bring it in when he realised I wasnt buying anything dry.gif not very impressed tbh!).

Having had experience with htis type of thing i need to be able to play whilst its away, I considered the little epiphone 5w valve head for 100 pounds but I think some decent monitors would be a better investment, I noticed my tutor has monitors he plays through his pc but I forgot to ask him about them.

Any suggestions? I play through my UX2 and plug the amp into it as a monitor at the moment.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Dejan Farkas
May 7 2009, 09:02 AM
Instructor
First you need to tell us how much money you are willing to spend smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
May 7 2009, 09:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
Was looking upto 150 pounds (Around 200 dollars), Ivan gave me some great links on the chat last night which im checking out today.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
May 7 2009, 09:50 AM
Instructor
For that money you can buy some decent ones, check those links and if necessary we can search some more smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 7 2009, 07:43 PM
Instructor
We talked about this topic on the chat mate, but let me give you recommendations once more, They are both around 200$ (per system)

Alesis M1 Active 520

M-Audio LX4 2.1

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 7 2009, 07:43 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 7 2009, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
Nice!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 7 2009, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Maybe Behringer Truths? Check them out, I've heard that they are great for the price.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 8 2009, 12:07 PM
Instructor
They cost around 300$...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 8 2009, 12:13 PM
Instructor
I have these and they work great. Plenty of inputs and outputs on them. They cost £139.00

Edirol Ma15d Active Studio Monitors

Click here for specs.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 8 2009, 01:43 PM
I use a set of these:-

I found a really cheap pair on eBay! They only cost my $45 INCLUDING Postage!!!
They're Numark M80, they're mainly aimed at DJ's but for 'small rooms' they're absolutely ideal!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
sted
May 8 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 8 2009, 12:13 PM) *
I have these and they work great. Plenty of inputs and outputs on them. They cost £139.00

Edirol Ma15d Active Studio Monitors

Click here for specs.

wow! I was just looking at a pair of these! Very spooky! Look a good choice for that sort of cash though.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 8 2009, 01:43 PM) *
I use a set of these:-

I found a really cheap pair on eBay! They only cost my $45 INCLUDING Postage!!!
They're Numark M80, they're mainly aimed at DJ's but for 'small rooms' they're absolutely ideal!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LOL!! Thayre huge man! 130 watts?!? your neighbours must love you jonesy!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 8 2009, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (sted @ May 8 2009, 03:31 PM) *
LOL!! Thayre huge man! 130 watts?!? your neighbours must love you jonesy!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hahaha!! EVERYBODY loves me!!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

They are great at low volumes too!!! I got them as we used to use them as monitors on the Desk in live situations too, for which they are perfect!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
May 8 2009, 07:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Saw a set of these M Audio AV 40 on Ebay for 99.00 pounds, any good? Also the TRS inputs, are they the inputs i would use from my UX2 1/L and 2/R "analog outs" ??

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 11 2009, 11:55 AM
QUOTE (sted @ May 8 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Saw a set of these M Audio AV 40 on Ebay for 99.00 pounds, any good? Also the TRS inputs, are they the inputs i would use from my UX2 1/L and 2/R "analog outs" ??

Attached Image

Attached Image

I just found the same ones for £83!!!!
Looking at the specs of the Monitors and of the UX2 it looks like you just connect up with a Mono TS for each side!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 12 2009, 10:09 PM
Instructor
These should be good I guess. Toneport has TR outs, so any TR (mono) cable will do the job. Just connect the TR cable to those monitors TRS inputs, and it should be alright. Keep the cables as short as possible tho, cause non-shielded cables (TR) are more supceptable to external noise.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:19 PM