A Good Website !
mattacuk
Feb 13 2008, 01:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok so as some of you may or may not know im now a student of web design. I decided to enrol on a certificate in Web Design applications course through the open university. As a huge fan of the web, and graphic design, i decided its my time to learn how to design webs properly and make the most of my artistic flair smile.gif

Im already pretty nifty with designing graphics on photoshop so im now learning how to code corretly and also what makes for a good design. For an assignment I have to pick an example of a good website and list what makes it good.

When browsing the gmc home page yesterday I realised that it meets ALL of the criteria layed out for good design. So I thought I would share with you what I have come up with so far smile.gif

So congrats too whoever codes gmc wink.gif laugh.gif Im guessing Henrik and kris ?

By the way, I never realised how hard it is to practice guitar everyday for my target of 3 hours, study for a degree level course, and study for a music theory exam, oh yeah and go to work ! blink.gif

regards

matt smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Feb 13 2008, 01:21 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Feb 13 2008, 01:24 PM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 13 2008, 01:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Feb 13 2008, 12:24 PM) *
biggrin.gif

wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 13 2008, 01:31 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nice one Matt smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

ps you just need to sort the time machine out and use a 48 hour day mate wink.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 13 2008, 01:34 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 13 2008, 12:31 PM) *
ps you just need to sort the time machine out and use a 48 hour day mate wink.gif .

so long as that didnt include having to go to work twice in one day that`d be sweet laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 13 2008, 01:41 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 13 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Nice one Matt smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

There just isnt enough time in the day - thats for sure laugh.gif I was so tired by 9:00 pm yesterday i fell asleep at my desk wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 03:23 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe fantastic topic Matt - you just made us realise how good we are!! laugh.gif blink.gif

Thanks for your constant support - it means alot to us! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 13 2008, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I'd like to make a suggestion if I could.

Either [A] make the new "GMC Community" image square to the page (my preference)
or [B] make it slope at the same angle as the GuitarMasterClass.net text in the main header image.

Other than that, the front page looks great. I'm impressed with how much this site has grown and improved since I joined in September.

This post has been edited by purple hayes: Feb 13 2008, 03:45 PM

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 04:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Like i said before in another topic, great community great website, great people .. never knew that something awesome like this exists .. so happy to be here guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 13 2008, 04:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
you're so right! Indeed it just fits. I like the way it has lots of features, but it's still easy to use1

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 13 2008, 06:40 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 13 2008, 02:23 PM) *
Hehe fantastic topic Matt - you just made us realise how good we are!! laugh.gif blink.gif

Thanks for your constant support - it means alot to us! biggrin.gif

Your welcome. I have discussed this website on my student forum and they agree it fits all the requirments of a well devopled website. Infact, as a potential web / graphic designer I can gain alot of inspiration from from watching GMC develop!

Keep up the good work everyone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2008, 07:06 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 13 2008, 06:40 PM) *
I have discussed this website on my student forum and they agree it fits all the requirments of a well devopled website. Infact, as a potential web / graphic designer I can gain alot of inspiration from from watching GMC develop!

Wow blink.gif that's even better: both Maria (who did most of this design update) and me are self taught - so thanks once again! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 13 2008, 07:46 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 13 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Wow blink.gif that's even better: both Maria (who did most of this design update) and me are self taught - so thanks once again! biggrin.gif

Ultimate team you two wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 14 2008, 12:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 13 2008, 01:20 PM) *
By the way, I never realised how hard it is to practice guitar everyday for my target of 3 hours, study for a degree level course, and study for a music theory exam, oh yeah and go to work ! blink.gif

Welcome to the club! Now you know how it feels biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And btw. congrats on your start with the course! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 14 2008, 02:00 AM
Instructor
I know it is a long shot, but GMC can also stand for a Global Music Community. Times change, so as goals, you couldn't know that the site is gonna be like this when you first started it right? So with the help of us, the members and you - the crew, we can make this site a global music community in the years to come. What do you say Kris. Is this so far from the truth? I think not smile.gif

GMC RULEZZ! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 03:39 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is brilliant Matt, why isnt miss Jennifer your wife yet? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 14 2008, 09:40 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 14 2008, 02:00 AM) *
I know it is a long shot, but GMC can also stand for a Global Music Community. Times change, so as goals, you couldn't know that the site is gonna be like this when you first started it right? So with the help of us, the members and you - the crew, we can make this site a global music community in the years to come. What do you say Kris. Is this so far from the truth? I think not smile.gif

GMC RULEZZ! smile.gif

No you mind reader - it isn't biggrin.gif The sky's the limit! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 09:51 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 13 2008, 11:32 PM) *
Welcome to the club! Now you know how it feels biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And btw. congrats on your start with the course! smile.gif

I do know how you feel man wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 09:51 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 14 2008, 02:39 AM) *
This is brilliant Matt, why isnt miss Jennifer your wife yet? laugh.gif

I just dont know sad.gif I hear she likes british guys... ideal! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 04:29 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
wink.gif

You got it for sure then smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:13 PM