> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Solo For Beginners, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Victor Simion
Jan 20 2019, 03:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

Hi all,

Thank you for this nice lessons.
I need some advice for improving.

Edit: Thank you all for your feedback. I realized that my guitar is a little low in the mix after comparing my playing with Emir's playing, but I said let's give it a try and see how is my playing.

I think the main reason why I am concentrated and not relaxed when I am playing is because I am not used being on the camera.
I tend to make more mistakes when I am on the camera, and also I had to pay attention to start recording, stop recording, recording video with camera, recording audio with computer, and also playing, which is something I do very rarely.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 22 2019, 04:59 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2019, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Hi friend!

Good job here! This lesson is one of my favourites for beginners because it combines interesting phrases with a lot of vibrato and bending here and there. You did a very good job with most of the licks here!

The main thing that I would improve here is your audio mix. Your guitar is a bit low in the mix and it doesn't allow us to listen to details of your playing. Please remember to put your guitar a louder in the next videos.

Regarding your playing. I have to say that your timing is precise in most of the parts, I only notice a small issue around 00:40 and 00:52, but nothing really serious. Your vibrato and bending techniques are correct, but sometimes I feel that you start your vibrato too early, and it makes your playing a sound like "nervous". Let the note sound first and then add vibrato gradually to embellish it.

The next step here would be to stop thinking too much and start feeling more. I notice that you are very concentrated here, trying to play everything perfect and that makes you sound a bit rigid and not very expressive. The more you practice this one, the more natural will become and you'll start to put more emphasis on the sound and dynamics of each note. That will give this one much more feeling.

By the way, you are doing a good job here. Keep on rocking! It's an 8.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2019, 07:11 AM
GMC:er
Well played! I enjoyed listening to this quite a bit. As Gabe mentioned, your guitar should be the loudest thing in the mix as that is what we are trying to hear in order to grade it properly smile.gif I'm sure this can be fixed in your next rec.

As for your playing, I'm impressed! You have very good technique here and your vibrato in particualr is impressive. It's not timid, shy, or shallow. It's wide, deep, and soulful. Score!!!
I also noticed that you seem very intensely concentrated on your neck. Once you learn a piece of music, and learn it well, ideally you should not have to look at the fretboard constantly. Practice playing your next rec with your eyes closed, once you get it down, and see how much of it you can do without looking at your neck. Once you start playing live, you don't want to be stuck staring at your neck the entire gig. It's a good habit to avoid it if possible. Also, it gives you the chance to focus on the emotions you are trying to convey rather than just playing the notes.

Overall, very well done and a solid 8 from me!!
Todd
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 20 2019, 10:40 AM) *
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

Hi all, Thank you for this nice lessons. I need some advice for improving.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2019, 02:55 PM
GMC Founder
This is really nicely done -

I agree with the improvement suggestions here. If you want this to sound pro - and you are on a good path - then the focus should be on improving your tone, timing and vibrato in this lesson.

You playing here falls well within what we expect form a level 3 lesson so you get an 8 from me - keep p the good work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 23 2019, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

Your take is nicely done with focus and respect for some details even if not necessary everything goes as well as wanted. Your guitar is low in the mix but it's more about the balance of frequencies. Your tone is scooped out of mids. Maybe a little too much. If there would be just 1 or 2 dB more of midrange, than you would feel the guitar is a little too loud in the mix and you would lower it becasue it this point there are boomy lows that cut more and muddy the mix. Refering to this, I would say it's not the volume but lack of mids that makes your guitar not cut through the mix.

You generally tend to rush notes. Relax, calm down and try to not hurry...everything has is place in the timeline.

Now this is very general advice that is like one and only truth being forwarded from one generation to another...probably as long as guitar playing exists. Don't use too much gain. whne you stop playing we hear that the gain amount is insanely high. Too much gain makes you not do anyeffort while playing. It makes your guitar become a touch-panaled device instead of human-strength based , stringed instrument. The idea of playing guitar is - you can do thing s on both - distortion and clean tone (besiudes some distortion dedicated techniques). If you practise legato or tapping on that much of distortion, you actually do not learn any of these because there is almost zero effeort you need to make to pull out a note. It's a trap most of us fall inot, at the stage of beginner player. It's cool casue things sound "better" and are easier to play but with this amount of gain you will never be able to play some stuff on the clean tone and you will never be able to play on the "live show volume" becasue feedback will get totally ou of control.

These are things learned by experience and you would finally got to this conclusions as well but our(instructors) purpose is to shorten the time of your developement so...trust me for the sake of your better, future playing.

Besides above you performance is pleasant. You try to keep things tight and clean .Some more practise will do the job.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 31 2019, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.75

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM