Members That Leave A Band, Has this happened with any of your favorite bands?
thefireball
Feb 26 2011, 04:41 AM
Learning Roadie
I really love listening to Skillet, but I just found out yesterday that the lead guitarist, Ben Kasica, is leaving the band. sad.gif
Kinda made my eyes water because he's a guitar hero to me. He said, "After getting off the road, I will be focusing on building my other companies, producing and developing artists at Skies Fall Studios and designing for LifeLoveMusic Clothing. I also look forward very much to being home and catching up on churchlife, family and friends."

Makes me sad because I wanted to meet him along with the rest of the band someday. Oh well, I'm thankful I got to see them all in concert back in May 2010 - even though I was near the very back of the stadium. wink.gif And I'll bet after being 10 years on the road it's time for a break. smile.gif
He was only 16 when he joined the band, by the way. cool.gif

My dad said jokingly, "So you gonna audition for them?" laugh.gif I said, "Nah, I ain't good enough for Skillet." Plus I don't wanna be on the road all the time. wink.gif

Does anybody have similar experiences? You had listened to the band for years and then a band member leaves...and you're like... ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 26 2011, 01:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Portnoy most recently. That absolutely blew me away, caught me completely off guard. The only thing good about these things is the anticipation about how the music will sound, I feel hopeful for Dream Theater thankfully, so the anticipation is good. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 26 2011, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 26 2011, 06:54 AM) *
Portnoy most recently. That absolutely blew me away, caught me completely off guard. The only thing good about these things is the anticipation about how the music will sound, I feel hopeful for Dream Theater thankfully, so the anticipation is good. smile.gif

Exactly. Definitely keep positive. This is a time for a new sound from the band. After all, these people that leave the band aren't dead - laugh.gif They are still alive; just doing something different. I'll definitely attempt to follow Ben. And maybe he'll go solo or join another band. Definitely will listen to 'em if so. wink.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Feb 26 2011, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 26 2011, 05:07 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 26 2011, 01:54 PM) *
Portnoy most recently

Yeah, I was surpsied when that was announced. But managed to hold back the tears tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Possibly with RHCP, but it happened before so.. smile.gif I'm sad because they are not gonna achieve the same quality IMO.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:02 PM