Do You Guys Have Any Experience With Ibanez Inf Pickups?
Praetorian
Jul 27 2008, 09:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
In my RG4EX I have INF 3 and 4 humbuckers, and a single INF in the middle position. Are these considered good stock pickups, or are they put there with the expectation that you would replace them with something you personally like?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Jul 27 2008, 09:58 PM
GMC:er
I don't know about those. I have an S320 myself, which has INF 1 and 2's. And they aren't bad. Nor are they good. They sound pretty muddy and have a very high output, which I do not like.

But if you are looking for a high output, I'd stick with them for a while until you are certain if you want to change them.

hope this helps,

J

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JeroenKole: Jul 27 2008, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 27 2008, 10:26 PM
i have an rg350mdx with inf3 and 4s. there not bad but i may switch them out soon, not sure with what though

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 27 2008, 10:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Jul 27 2008, 04:58 PM) *
They sound pretty muddy and have a very high output

I have heard this description before...muddy. What does that refer to? They seem to sound like the tone is not clear, and kind of like it is a little muffled. Is that what muddy means?

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 27 2008, 10:37 PM
yes

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:24 AM