Heavy Metal Riffing Lesson Up!, A long awaited follow-up to Pavel's riffing lessons!
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 26 2007, 12:24 PM
GMC Founder
Heavy Metal riffing lesson

I am happy to see that Pavel continues to deliver awesome riffs for you to learn, digest and get inspired by!

Stay tuned for lots of awesome updates this week! biggrin.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 26 2007, 03:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ah yes, that lesson is great, Very Epic Stuff

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 26 2007, 04:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Mmmm.... cool. An idea, why not let Pavel continue on this track and present a bunch of similar riffs but in different scales and modes just as a reference to the sound of mixolydian, dorian, lydian and so forth until all modes are covered (prefeerably in the locig order... don't know it by heart - Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian something ). To give an idea of how different they sound.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Mar 26 2007, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Well thanks for comments and feedback!

But modes will not go that easy AS i don't think and play in modes. All those riffs just come out of my head while playing. I don't go for any particular key or scale or anything. It just jumps out of me. I don't think i'll of great help in modes because of the reasons above. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 26 2007, 06:22 PM
The Best Riffs are Spontaneous

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 26 2007, 07:35 PM
GMC:er
Thats whats great about metal, no rules. In my band we just jam around and suddenly we got a song, I only follows scales when I do solos.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 26 2007, 08:50 PM
I Start to think about scales in a solo a little, then i drift off and do improv and think of patterns instead

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 AM