Low-tuned Tracks, Let's share our songs!
thefireball
Jul 7 2013, 02:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC! smile.gif

It's been forever since I have been on here. I'm super busy with my job and struggling to keep all my interests in line. I thought I would share a track I recorded over a couple of days. It's my band's Living in the Last Days song, only 5 half steps down. Instead of in Drop A, I am tuned to Drop E on my Ibanez RG8. tongue.gif I recorded it just for fun, adding some more atmosphere to it than the original. Still learning to mix and master; no where near as good as our studio guy. My vocalist and I are very close to finishing the lyrics of our EP and will get it to the studio for production. We still have a few songs to record, however.

So I'm sharing this track, and wonder if you would like to share one of your own low-tuned tracks? It doesn't have to be near as low as Drop E. biggrin.gif --Brandon

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/instrumental-living-in-the

ANALYZED WITHIN
Living in the Last Days EP

// Beginning of Sorrows // Living in the Last Days // The Testing of Christians // The Lion Has Come to Defeat the Dragon // The Mount of Olives // Our Hope is Here //

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 7 2013, 06:18 AM
Learning Roadie
The pre production samples are sounding great, I found myself wishing I was doing the clean vocals on them

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Jul 7 2013, 06:18 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 12:28 PM
Instructor
Very nice! I like tha ambience background with those powerfull guitars. For my taste I would try to scoop the mids a bit more but still the tone is quite good smile.gif

About the low tuned songs. Check out my low F fretless, latest composition smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sPvm3SQBsc

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2013, 05:03 PM
Instructor
I'm really waiting for your EP man! This is my Dropped C lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/dropped-c-riffing/

and these are my dropped D lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rob_Zombie_Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/black_...e_cherry_style/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2013, 10:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for sharing guys!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2013, 02:38 AM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff! I find myself using the DROP E on my RG8 as well which I picked up from TOSIN ABASI. Leaving it in standard tuning just feels odd for some reason. Chords don't work that low and and scales are not great either but as a low octave of E it's very handy smile.gif

You recording quality is getting better and better! Keep working and getting more and more in command of your talents and you'll be in fine shape to make things happen!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 8 2013, 02:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 7 2013, 07:38 PM) *
Very cool stuff! I find myself using the DROP E on my RG8 as well which I picked up from TOSIN ABASI. Leaving it in standard tuning just feels odd for some reason. Chords don't work that low and and scales are not great either but as a low octave of E it's very handy smile.gif

You recording quality is getting better and better! Keep working and getting more and more in command of your talents and you'll be in fine shape to make things happen!

Thanks Todd

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 9 2013, 11:18 PM
GMC:er
sounds awesome fireball.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2013, 04:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks man. smile.gif I do hear how the guitars could be a little lower, and a bit more scooped.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:59 AM