2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Alter Bridge Style Lesson
Rolls
Jul 14 2008, 02:40 AM
GMC:er
Any of the instructors into Alter Bridge? I would love to see a lesson in the style of Alter Bridge like this song for example :

Ties That Bind

or

Buried Alive

Anyone else here listen to them at all? I don't think they are too well known but I like a lot of their songs. I think most of the members came from the band Creed.

Thanks,
Rolls

P.S. Some other songs to check out :

One by One
White Knuckles

And the over-played single :

Rise Today

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Jul 14 2008, 03:15 AM
There lastest album Blackbird ROCKS from beginning to end cool.gif I know Gabe has said in the past he might do a lesson on Alter Bridge (Mark Tremonti). If any of the instructors did it would be great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2008, 04:21 AM
Instructor
If we talk about new band, Alter Bride is one of my favourites. smile.gif
I have many requests to work on and I didn't have enouh time for it... however I'm working in new lessons this week. I'll do a lesson in the style of Tremonti in the future... But it would be great if any other instructor can do it know! biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if you know that we can't use copyrighted songs in our lessons. so it must be a lesson inspired in Alter Bridge... wink.gif We can't tab those songs. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 15 2008, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 14 2008, 12:21 AM) *
If we talk about new band, Alter Bride is one of my favourites. smile.gif
I have many requests to work on and I didn't have enouh time for it... however I'm working in new lessons this week. I'll do a lesson in the style of Tremonti in the future... But it would be great if any other instructor can do it know! biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if you know that we can't use copyrighted songs in our lessons. so it must be a lesson inspired in Alter Bridge... wink.gif We can't tab those songs. sad.gif

Oh I know. I was just thinking of something in that "style." I have been listening to them a lot lately along with Godsmack.

Rolls

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 15 2008, 12:25 AM
Instructor
I'm in I'll do it...I hope done for august, I've just discovered this band and I really Like it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Jul 15 2008, 12:25 AM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 15 2008, 12:34 AM
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jul 14 2008, 08:25 PM) *
I'm in I'll do it...I hope done for august, I've just discovered this band and I really Like it biggrin.gif

Awesome, can't wait to see it cool.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 15 2008, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Right now I'm listening to those videos, I've to play around a bit to analyze main elements that compose the song, I'll try to be back as soon as possible with a cool lesson biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 15 2008, 11:26 AM
Instructor
you wish, you got it!!! well done Joe!!! cant wait to see that lesson! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Jul 15 2008, 12:59 PM
Instructor
Hay!
Definately Mark Tremonti and alter bridge are firm favourites of mine!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 16 2008, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Jul 15 2008, 08:59 AM) *
Hay!
Definately Mark Tremonti and alter bridge are firm favourites of mine!

Sweet, I hope they come out with some new stuff soon

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 16 2008, 02:39 PM
I think Alter Bridge is arse. I don't see what people see in it at all huh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 18 2008, 03:24 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 16 2008, 10:39 AM) *
I think Alter Bridge is arse. I don't see what people see in it at all huh.gif

I think people see Mark Tremonti lol. He is a self-taught guitarist that was Guitar World's guitarist of the year 3 times! I'm sure he is a big influence to many guitar players including myself.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 18 2008, 09:15 AM
QUOTE (Rolls @ Jul 18 2008, 03:24 AM) *
I think people see Mark Tremonti lol. He is a self-taught guitarist that was Guitar World's guitarist of the year 3 times! I'm sure he is a big influence to many guitar players including myself.

I could be best guitarist in Guitar World magazine biggrin.gif And I'm useless. I was possibly a little harsh with my comment. There are worse bands out there but Mark Tremonti does inspire me to quit because if you can make money off simple stuff like that then what is the point in learning real guitar?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 18 2008, 04:01 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 18 2008, 05:15 AM) *
I could be best guitarist in Guitar World magazine biggrin.gif And I'm useless. I was possibly a little harsh with my comment. There are worse bands out there but Mark Tremonti does inspire me to quit because if you can make money off simple stuff like that then what is the point in learning real guitar?

Hmmm, I guess I don't see your point. Like the song Ties that Bind, guitar might not be the most difficult but he wrote the music which takes creativity. Music doesn't have to be super complex to be good. I think he is a far better guitarist than what you see in Alter Bridge or Creed, but that is just my opinion.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 18 2008, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Rolls @ Jul 18 2008, 04:01 PM) *
Hmmm, I guess I don't see your point. Like the song Ties that Bind, guitar might not be the most difficult but he wrote the music which takes creativity. Music doesn't have to be super complex to be good. I think he is a far better guitarist than what you see in Alter Bridge or Creed, but that is just my opinion.

Creed are in my worst 5 bands ever lol. biggrin.gif Along with U2, Oasis, Puddle of Mudd and Led Zeppelin.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 20 2008, 12:28 PM
Instructor
You really don't like zeppelin? mad.gif

WHY!?

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 20 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jul 20 2008, 01:28 PM) *
You really don't like zeppelin? mad.gif

WHY!?

biggrin.gif

Alter bridge style almost done biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jul 21 2008, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jul 20 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Alter bridge style almost done biggrin.gif

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 21 2008, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 18 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Creed are in my worst 5 bands ever lol. biggrin.gif Along with U2, Oasis, Puddle of Mudd and Led Zeppelin.

Having your own opinion is fine but calling that band or guitarist poor i don't think is needed especially if they are certainly not that. How many of Alter Bridge's songs have you heard?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 21 2008, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jul 21 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Having your own opinion is fine but calling that band or guitarist poor i don't think is needed especially if they are certainly not that. How many of Alter Bridge's songs have you heard?

Too many biggrin.gif

My housemates like them and play them constantly. Drives me insane.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:44 PM